What is the closest to your trip you've gotten FOP fastpasses? 10 days? 1 day? Anyone?

Nanu57v

The Tooth Fairy had a message here before.
Just curious if anyone has been lucky close to their trip!

When booking a few weeks ago for a Thanksgiving week trip, I went directly to Day 7 and had no problems getting what I wanted for a party of 4. A few minutes later, when booking FPs for our other Animal Kingdom day (Day 5), I could still have gotten a FOP, albeit with fewer time options. We didn't grab it, choosing to select Na'Vi instead (we are planning on rope dropping the other side of the park). In any event, somewhat surprisingly, for a very busy week, it was still available on Day 5 even after the window had been open for 15-20 minutes.

Well, last year I went with a normal PH ticket so my window was 30 days for a party of 2. I couldn't get FOP for any of the 4 days I had at any time. I was able to get a same-day single FOP fastpass on the last day of my trip.

This year we're going for the Holidays and staying at disney property, and it was available everyday from 60 to 60+7 at various times. Therefore, if we're talking the earliest, it would be a party of 2 at 60, and same-day for a party of 1. Lol.

We had a half day planned on day 1 at Animal Kingdom so I was not expecting to get one. There was nothing at 60 days. I kept trying randomly right up until we left and never saw anything.

While standing in line at the airport waiting for magical express around 11:00, I decided to search and it popped up right away. Group of 3 at 1:30, same day. We got to our resort, checked in, then went straight to FoP!

We used our other 2 FP's and then were able to find one for Na'Vi around 6:30!

Day of, July 2017.

We actually had gotten FP’s for it at our 60 day mark. We got to AK early and rode it it at rope drop, then used our FP a bit later. There was a hard rain storm and we headed back to the hotel. On a whim I was checking MDE and a FP popped up for a few hours later, so we headed back to Animal Kingdom and got to ride it again!

It was such an awesome surprise to find a day of 4th FP for FoP!

Last year we got ours at 43 days out I think. This year, we got them when we booked the rest, but were also able to score a set of day of FP for FOP.

Day of. We were in line for the Nemo show, and I was looking to book a FP+ for after the show. I had resigned myself to Primeval Whirl (it's right there, after all), and I almost dropped my phone when I saw FoP come up as available, about 45 min after Nemo ended (which was less than two hours out).

So, after the show, we did primeval whirl stand by, and went to FoP. Great pixiedust:

Friday at 11:00 am, got 4 for FOP for 1:30 for that day while waiting in FP line for Dinosaur while it was down. was trying to modify at Navi River FP and they popped up after about 5 minutes of refreshing.

Does anyone else find navigating through FPs to modify them much more clunky and difficult than it used to be? Same for looking at wait times on the app.

Does anyone else find navigating through FPs to modify them much more clunky and difficult than it used to be? Same for looking at wait times on the app.

I thought it was easier now because you can now search for additional FPs without having to cancel your third FP for that day.

If you don’t have the 60+ day booking window, the most likely time to get fop (or sdd) is the day before or day of- with lots of refreshing. Early this year I spent the entire 70ish minute car drive refreshing for two FoP (I wasn’t driving) and continued after we arrived at AK. About halfway back to Africa I finally got two.

I had 3 Na'vi FP for 9:40 this past Saturday morning. I looked on a whim on Tuesday night I think and was able to change them to 3 FoP ones at 9:30 instead. So, just a few days out!

If you don’t have the 60+ day booking window, the most likely time to get fop (or sdd) is the day before or day of- with lots of refreshing. Early this year I spent the entire 70ish minute car drive refreshing for two FoP (I wasn’t driving) and continued after we arrived at AK. About halfway back to Africa I finally got two.

We (DH & I, so party of 2) stayed offsite for our recent trip (10/14-21/18) so had only the 30-day window to work with. I wasn’t able to get FoP on initial booking (tried for every day!) so kept looking every day whenever I had a chance. Finally on 10/17 I found FoP FPs for 10/18 AND 10/19! I was ecstatic.

So, keep trying every day including the day you’re there. You never know when they’ll pop up.

Moment of, but it took a TON of work. We were at MK in the morning; around 11AM I broke our party in half and got 2 7:20P to 8:20P for FoP. I refreshed *constantly* until about 8P and got 2 8:20 to 9:20. I’ve only gotten it to happen the once, though (and I’m a frequent flyer.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter