What is the cheapest trip to WDW that you have done?

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
Hi, just back from a wonderful trip, and am desperate to get back!!!!! We will not go back for probably another 5 years for a big Disney trip. (Building a home next year). So, out of desperation am thinking maybe if I save money on the side maybe I could squeeze in a weekend somewhere. Any ideas? Would the airfare be worth just going for a day or 2? We live in Milwaukee so would have to fly, because of limited days off for both my husbands and my job. So, how cheap could I do it to get back to the magic?

could you and hubby miss a Friday at work? If not then a flight returning the next day could be very expensive. It may not be worth it. But if you can include a Saturday on your stay, you might be able to swing it. Here's a few suggestions to ponder over and research....
1.) Pick a time during the value season to go. First reason is because the crowds are light to moderate. You can get more done in less time. Second, if you must stay on site it's cheaper.
2.) Check each individual airline website that services your area often. (Atleast wkly)Sometimes they have unadvertised web fares.) Also watch the Snooze you lose board for cheap rates.
3.)If you study TravelSheryl's Priceline board and staying on site isn't important to you , you could get a room and car for 2 days for less than $100.00 But remember you would be off site.
4.)Watch the DVC rent/trade board and this board. Sometimes DVC members give points that are getting ready to expire away. For as little as 16 points you could do 2 days on site. Also sometimes people give away their Priceline reservations.
5.)Research ticket options. Would it be better to get a 2 or 3 day pass or 1 day tickets w/ bounce back? What about the discount 1 day tickets at Walmart?
You got your work cut out. Not including airline tickets I would try to keep car,hotel and tickets under the TOTAL price of 700.00 Keeping a change jar, banking the money you save by using coupons, having garage sales, selling items in ebay, doing rewards programs, etc...will help out alot. I say go for it. And remember planning can be alot of fun also. Good luck!

Our upcoming fall trip. We got the $49 rooms at ASMo = $352 for 7 nights (for 2 of us), airline tix were $507 (I'm hoping that the price will go down and we can get a credit voucher), our park tix cost us $0, as we have an AP and have already used them for 14 days during the past year. So that's $857 for 2 of us for 7 nights. (not counting food)

We've done about $900 for a 6 day stay.. well we drove, did All Stars, that includes food as well.

One word.... Priceline.
You can get some really great deals if you are willing to stay off-site. If you don't mind a 2* hotel (and really.... people who live almost anywhere else in the world would laugh at how "soft" we Americans are), then you can stay for less than $30 a night. Heck, one of the Days Inns had a rack rate of $28 during the slow season.
Here is the problem with Priceline...... You might not be able to use it for airfare. Since you do not know the times of the flights, you must assume that you will not be able to go to the parks on any day that you are flying. That is why Priceline is often not a good choice for weekend trips. But, Orlando is a very competitive market, so you should be able to find some decent airfares.
If you and your spouse each put $10 a week in a box, I guarantee that after 12 months you will have enough to pay for airfare, hotel, and tickets for the two of you
Now how hard is that??!! (Although it was not clear to me if you have kids... you would obviously need to save more in that situation.)

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter