What is the best.....

...has anyone ever gone to the "Happy Together" tour? We got hooked because we had seen the Turtles in concert during the Flower Power concerts at the Flower & Garden Festival in Epcot back in 2013. A year later, they had put together a "Happy Together" [I guess it was named that after one of their big hits] tour with other entertainers from the 60's. We saw them at a smaller venue, the Bergen Performing Arts Center in Englewood, NJ, along with Gary Puckett, the Cowsills, Chuck Negron (from 3 Dog Night), Mark Lindsey (from Paul Revere and the Raiders), Gary Lewis [& the Playboys]. Those concerts were so much fun!

enhance

enhance

Last edited:
My favorite was Garth Brooks. I think it was 1991ish. We stood in line in front of the Piggly Wiggly to buy tickets for concert at the Pyramid in Memphis TN.

As a method to keeping folks from camping out they did a lottery to decide where the front of the line was. You could get in line up to an hour before sell time and you got a number. Then they chose a number 5min before start time and that person became the first person able to go in and buy tickets.

Don't remember how far back we ended up but by the time we got in the first show was completely sold out (of course there was only one show originally advertised) but they opened another one and we ended up behind the stage about half way up. On paper they did not look like great seats. But he ran all over the stage including the back side and climbed the truss and hung off of it right in front of us.

Second choice would be Paul Vassar at a small town Festival in Southern Illinois. He was not all that well known but got there and he sang all kinds of songs that we knew from other artists. Turned out that he was the writer / cowriter of most of them so had quite the catalog to sing from.

George Michael in the 1980s
Depeche Mode in the early 90s
Lollapalooza during its 2nd summer of touring - my favorite was Jesus & Mary Chain at that concert
The Cure in the late 90s
Duran Duran in the late 90s
Tina Turner on 1 of her last ever concert tours - she was amazing
Nine Inch Nails at The Forum in Los Angeles in the early 90s

So many great ones to choose from! Elton John, Genesis, U2, Bob Seger, John Mellencamp, ZZ Top, Robert Plant & Jimmy Paige, Eric Church

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter