• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the best, most comprehensive written Galactic Starcruiser Guide?

NeutralNovice

Mouseketeer
I'll be going in December and I want to get the most I can out of the trip. In your opinion, are there any really good and comprehensive guides on how everything will work out with tips and advice? I prefer to read a guide rather than watch a video though so a written guide would be much preferred.

I did a Google search and there seems to be A LOT of options from many of the bigger Disney news sites but would like to narrow the options down. Any help will be appreciated!

I'll be going in December and I want to get the most I can out of the trip. In your opinion, are there any really good and comprehensive guides on how everything will work out with tips and advice? I prefer to read a guide rather than watch a video though so a written guide would be much preferred.

I did a Google search and there seems to be A LOT of options from many of the bigger Disney news sites but would like to narrow the options down. Any help will be appreciated!
Good luck with that. I previously asked essentially the same question and the only responses that I received were to go read the 200 page thread on the hotel in these forums or go watch videos on Youtube.

The problem is that Galactica Starcruiser is very new and Disney is continually tweaking it to improve the guest experience. There are also plans to offer varied experiences during different times of the year, add or remove characters, switch up your park experiences bases on guest feedback and make dining changes to reflect guests' preferences. A written guide would have to be continually updated and unlike just visiting the parks daily, as many bloggers and bloggers do, it would be very expensive for any of them to do a Starcruise with every change that occurs.

Last edited:
^^ I agree. That 2 day stay is VERY expensive and Disney is probably starting to realize they need to do things that encourage people to return so it isn't just a 'one and done' experience for those with unlimited budgets who always want to try the newest stuff Disney is offering. Doubt there are enough avid Star Wars fans to consistently fill the rooms.

It would appear there are a number of 'paths' you can follow based on either what you are inputting or what all else is going on. I would think that is part of the experience and isn't something you will be able to just read about ahead of time and know exactly how things will work. Really doubt anyone will be able to write a comprehensive guide that stays current/follows all of the available paths or would have enough interested people wanting to buy it.

I know Disney invited various bloggers to attend for free before it opened. I doubt most of them will return for follow-up visits if they have to spend their own money to stay there.

Different people will have different takes, but personally I liked going in pretty much unplanned/knowing very little. Some of that was by necessity as I was on a voyage not long after opening, but much of it was by design... I purposely stopped reading social media, Disney bloggers, when it opened (some of which has stuck, which has been kind of nice in many ways). I wanted to minimize spoilers. We just let the story unfold in front of us (and 'hoped' it would work out OK) and didn't want to 'force' any one thing or experience.

Granted that's hard to do with such an expense on the line and I definitely get wanting to maximize time/$... but in many ways the experience is just so diverse and can be consumed in so many ways it does not lend itself to a definitive guide book or written overview. Disney's Starcruiser website is full of a bunch of "create your own story" marketing speak, but it really does play out that way in a manner that's really hard to put in writing. I've struggled to even write a comprehensive review of my own - it would be really long to give it due attention... and parts of our journey wouldn't match the other 400-500 or so guests on board.

Some people don't like 'mega threads' but I've learned a lot since our voyage in the little snippets people post on the larger Starcruiser thread here on the Resorts Board. You see everything from folks like us that barely know what LARP means and others creating elaborate characters and backstories. The amazing thing about the experience is how it all just somehow works together.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I'm not aware of a written overview, although I have not researched it heavily.

Happy to answer any questions about our experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter