• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the best DISNEY resort for 4 light sleepers?

do you remember how long it took to be able to link your reservation? I have a res for the Dolphin and the website is telling me up to 72 hours but I’ve previously booked Coronado and Pop through Priceline and I seem to remember it being pretty quick. It was, at most, 24 hours. It’s been 24 hours now and I’m anxious to be able to link. I was also wondering if you were able to use the confirmation number found on your Priceline reservation (what I’ve used before) to link or if you needed a different number.

I had to call into the hotel directly to get a number to be able to use to link the reservation.

Ideally we’d each have our own comfortable, non pull-out bed in a quiet room. While that may not be possible within our budget, I’d be interested in learning what accommodations come close!

thanks!
Animal kingdom lodge Savannah view room is very quiet. Port Orleans French quarter or riverside is quiet also but not near a bus stop or road and old key west also not near a bus stop or road

The only resort where we’ve experienced noise issues was the Poly- when our neighbors came in at night (after we were already in bed) we could hear them as well as if we were in the room with them. It was awful.

I always ask for "quietest area possible & we don't mind walking to get it". it's always worked great for us (especially at BWI & POFQ) but we are way away from the action & at BWI down a lot of really really really long hallways. I don't mind the walk but DH grumbles the whole way which just makes it funnier as the trip goes on:tongue:. In a sweet way of course:)

Rude people can pop up anywhere if they blare the TV or even worse...…... what is it with the slamming of doors?! :sad2:
We also always travel with 2 sound machines right by our heads. 🛌😴😴😴😴😴
It makes anywhere so much better:flower1:

We are deluxe resort lovers, but I'd have to say the quietest experience was in a Family Suite at the AOA. The only bed close to the hallway is the table bed. We did not hear anything in our room, as none of the suites are connecting. I find that you hear you neighbors much more when you have connecting rooms. Many of our stays at Deluxe resorts had that connecting door. I buy the 33 decibel reduction foam ear plugs for that situation and found it was perfect.

I would avoid the following:
  • Resorts with non-carpeted flooring, as that magnifies sound, particularly from the room above you (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Riviera, Pop Century, All Star Movies, All Star Music, Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge)
  • Resorts that allow guests to being their potentially barking pet dogs (Yacht Club, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside)
  • Pool-view category rooms at any resort
  • Other resort-specific categories with potentially noisy features, such as Tower rooms in the Contemporary (we could hear the automated monorail announcements in our room there late at night during Christmas week. It wasn't loud, but might annoy a light sleeper), or certain longhouses at the Polynesian Resort that are close to the boat docks or the luau show.
Thanks - you’ve given me a lot to consider here. I hadn’t thought about carpet vs. non- carpet - we stayed at the WL in 2018 and I believe there was carpeting - maybe it’s changed since then?

I've actually never had any noise issues at any of our Disney hotels. I think that has everything to do with luck, and I completely agree that your neighbors are a big factor.

I actually use a white noise machine at home, and cannot imagine sleeping without it. I think it has something to do with my childhood bedroom being right next to the boiler, and I would only fall asleep after it turned on. I cannot sleep in dead silence!

Another vote for BRV. We have stayed at many of the resorts and we were struck at how quiet and peaceful it was for us here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter