What is the BEST cruise tip you ever learned from the Dis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To order the lemon meringue pie at Palo brunch, and the cheese tray from room service. (As well as the Mickey bars, :mickeybar which aren't listed on the menu but ARE available!)

OMG! I'm sooo excited about this thread....it's always great to learn new things and more "secrets". I've already started a Word document to save all the info.

I haven't read everything YET.

Here are mine:

1. A plug extender....ie....turns one outlet into 3....it's great for all the chargers you have to plug in to charge all at the same time.

2. For adjoining rooms - small bungee cords to hold the doors open. You bungee to the railing on top the dresser.

3. I agree with ziploc bags of all sizes.....sneak some cookies out for excursions (ordered the night before), holds souvie's and small things needed to be contained. Holds FE gifts to take home, etc etc etc.

Sorry, I keep remembering things.

Shoelaces....you can tie 3 or more together, and they make a great clothes line. I noticed in the bathroom, things don't dry as well. I've traveled with shoelaces in Europe, other cruises and DCL. It's works really well.

How many of you bring your own snorkle gear? Do you recommend it? If so, what type? Cheapo from Walmart or target...or something better?

Thanks!

We have twice for 6 of us. Wouldn't be without it. The gear you rent is not great.

Great ideas. Has anyone had their magnetic signs moved or stolen?

We (6 cabins) had no problem during our March 1-5 2009 Wonder cruise, but I followed another DISer's recommendation and attached pre-printed stickers to the back of each magnet before we left - each sticker read "stolen from cabin 60xx" - just incase. :rolleyes:

Great ideas. Has anyone had their magnetic signs moved or stolen?

We haven't had any stolen. We didn't put stickers on the back either, however, ours were highly personalized. The would have had to take one that said our names on it.

The first cruise I did just have a few pages attached by a magnet, we lost a couple magnets, but nobody took the signs I printed on magnetic paper.

Also, if money is a bit of an issue, or you can't find magnetic paper, put your paper in a clear plastic sleeve. You can put the magnets inside the sleeve too, or actually glue them to the plastic.

....when going to Castaway Cay (to run in the 5-K) .......is is very very v-e-r-y important to TAKE YOUR I-POD O-U-T of your pocket BEFORE you go swimming afterwards!!!!!:eek:.
Ah um....yes....I am guilty of doing this:headache:.

Postscript (and a strange one at that): ....after 5 days of "drying out," IT STILL WORKS:goodvibes.

A couple of other thing's the I like to take is...
Liquid Hand Soap, it eliminates the bar soap MESS by the sink, and is much easier to use!!!! (what ever is left over I just leave for either our stateroom host to take or I just toss)
QUOTE]

I thought that I was the only one who did this!! I always bring anti-bacterial liquid soap with us -- and look for one in my house that has about 1/4 of a bottle left in it so that we can just toss when we go. (I do the same with toiletries; I find travel sized ones just too small for a full week, so when I get a toothpaste that has about 1/3 left I set it aside, same with shampoo, etc.)

I also take a Ziplock baggie with a handful of Lysol wipes. The first thing I do is run them over doorknobs, handles, the phone receiver, tv remote, etc.

No, we are not germaphobes (well, maybe DD is, but I am not) but it makes me feel better about thwarting any viruses left by previous cruisers!

It's been almost a whole month since the last post!

These are excellent tips, to be sure.

If I bring everything that's suggested (tape, shoe-holder, ext cords, cooler, clock, hand-soap, lysol, laundry detergent) I'll have to reserve another stateroom to hold it all,,,,:lmao:

Only kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, any more insight?

Newbies especially have good insight on what was needed or what was missed, I suppose.

It's been almost a whole month since the last post!

These are excellent tips, to be sure.

If I bring everything that's suggested (tape, shoe-holder, ext cords, cooler, clock, hand-soap, lysol, laundry detergent) I'll have to reserve another stateroom to hold it all,,,,:lmao:

Only kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, any more insight?

Newbies especially have good insight on what was needed or what was missed, I suppose.

We brought the extension cord and never used it. We were on a 3 night and it was just the 2 of us but we never found a need to pull out the extension cord though if we were to go on a longer cruise we would absolutely bring it again.

We brought the extension cord and never used it. We were on a 3 night and it was just the 2 of us but we never found a need to pull out the extension cord though if we were to go on a longer cruise we would absolutely bring it again.

I like the plug extenders rather than an extension cord. For one thing it is smaller, and does the same thing. When the room is packed with family and we all need cameras, ipod's, curling irons, computer, etc., they are nice to have.

I definitely could see if we had children or more then 2 of us in the room we would have definitely needed more outlets.

My 5 top hints that I am thankful to Disboards are:
1. being able to order mickey ears icecream (my son sure appreciated it:laughing:)
2. To avoid the long line of signing up your child for kids' club in the terminal just wait and do it on the boat (in and out of there in 5 min. vs. waiting in the terminal 30 min)
3. Knowing I could get a pillowcase signed for a souvenier and that I take it to guest services
4. Eating a fab lunch at Triton's instead of fighting to find a table at the buffet
5. Showing up about 5-10 min after dinner time to avoid standing in line to get in.

Thanks Disers! :thumbsup2

Before our first sailing I went to the health food store and bought ginger gum. It works great for seasickness, and now my husband insists on bringing some every time. The magnetic dry erase board was our best idea when we traveled with my stepkids - it made finding everyone so much simpler!

I started reading this thread after dinner last night and just finished. I don't sleep well - and this was a distraction. I can now go take a nap.

I loved these tips and I am excited to start planning for a cruise. I didn't think I could afford it - but after the money we have spent for a DL trip from Arizona... the money for a trip to WDW and on DCL would be well worth it.

I do have some questions - but I will post them in a new thread.

Thanks for all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter