What is the best character meal?

momto2

greet each new day as a magical journey.
We will probably only do one or two character meals. Which are your favorites? Why?

Our last trip we did the Villians at GF (I now understand they have been replaced by princesses-which I don't think my son would enjoy).

Also did Chef Mickeys cause we stayed at the CR.

We did breakfast character at Poly, it was a lot of fun.

Looking for the new and improved since 2000:Pinkbounc

I think most people would agree that Chef Mickey's is the best. But since you've already done that one, I'd suggest Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK. The food and the characters come to your table and we had a blast last year. They've recently changed the characters somewhat to include Donald and Daisy, as well as Minnie and Pluto (I think). Goofy has moved to his own show at the Diamond Horseshoe. The characters are dressed in colonial outfits and the dinner is sort of Thanksgiving fare (turkey, ham, flank steak, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc) . Very good.

Our all time character meal is the Crystal Palace breakfast - great food, beautiful atmosphere and the best character interaction around. Chef Mickey's breakfast is a very close second (just a bit louder)

So far, out of the character meals we have tried, my personal favorite is Chef Mickeys. I was unable to do the Crystal Palace for dinner on our last trip due to illness, but my son (9 at the time) has decided that this one was his favorite. We will be dining at both of them on our next trip (plus many others), but I would have to say that so far these are our favorite dinners.

I agree...Chef Mickey's breakfast is the best all-around character meal, in my opinion. Then I agree with Lucky'sMom...Liberty Tree Tavern.
It's a very enjoyable dinner...terrific atmosphere and very good character interaction.
We also enjoyed 1900 Park Fair for breakfast...(dinner in our opinion was just so-so.)
Next month were trying two other characters meals for the first time that seem to get very good reviews here: Crystal Palace for breakfast...Garden Grill for dinner.
Have fun!!

Garden Grill, Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner only) and Crystal Palace. Have had great food, nice atmosphere and great interaction with the characters at these rest.

We loved the character breakfast at Holywood and Vine, but unfortunately, I think I heard that they have discontinued the characters at all of their meals. The food was great and the costumes for Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale were darling. The interaction was fantastic and the characters would take diners out to the dance floor to dance to the music they played at various times.

Since that one is no longer available, we have enjoyed the dinner at Crystal Palace each time we have dined. It's a nice time to relax after running around the MK all day.:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter