• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the 1 thing you would do on a Disney Cruise this minute?

We don't have any non country dance bars where I live, so I'd take a night at Underground after a Knob Creek at O'Gill's! No complaints from the kids, either. They're longing for their first Edge/Vibe experience (1 each).

I want to see the look on my youngest DS’s face that he had while wearing a princess Anna dress and tiara and doing a twirl with Belle, or sipping tea “apple juice” with his pinky stuck out at the “princess tea party”. He is autistic and at the time he was 4 year old and largely nonverbal, so sometimes it is hard to know what he is thinking or feeling, but that day look on his face was pure joy. We have had a year from hell so I’d give anything to see him that happy again. Dang, now I’m crying while typing this.

Reading this thread really made me smile. It seems like it it was so long ago that we were on our last disney cruise and yet it seems like no time at all when I think about the sound of the ocean at night from the empty deck at Meridian, watching dolphins jump along the ship as we left PC, the taste of a Conch Cooler while my kids bury my feet in warm sand, or the first sight of CC approaching from my verandah. Hah, I cheated and said a bunch of things, but my one thing is definitely that ridiculously expensive princess tea with my DS!

Lay on a deck chair!

Have a favorite spot? I generally pick anywhere with food nearby!

Palo brunch please! Followed by a nice sit down on a lounger on deck 4 :thumbsup2

Mmmmm sounds good.

Surprised no one has said taking naps.
Naps are one of my favorite things to do on the cruise...on sea days I normally nap around 1-3 pm, before dinner.
With the verandah door half open, right after a hearty lunch at cabanas, the gentle breeze caressing your feet while falling asleep watching Ratatouille...it's glorious, few things compare to it. I highly recommend.

I always feel bad if I leave the door open. That sign saying not to does it for me! But yes the sound and smells are the best. I was surprised how much I didn't regret the days I ended up laying in bed doing nothing due to sea sickness. I may have to work in more lodging time next cruise!

Agreed but door closed, blanket wrapping me into a cocoon. I will never understand those of you who like to sleep with your feet exposed/cold. I respect you... but I do not understand you. :teeth:

:D

Right now my allergies are bothering me, so sitting on the veranda or walking around Deck 4, letting the salt air clear my sinuses, sounds like heaven.

No pollen at sea!!!

Right now, I think I would take sitting on Castaway Cay, enjoying the sun, just about ready to go to a nice b-q lunch. It's a hard call between that, or sitting around chatting on deck late in the evening after a fun day - warm breeze, quiet buzz in the air, not a worry in the world.

"not a worry in the world" I think that part sounds the best!!!

It's almost noon and I have decided it's a sea day, so we are off to brunch at Palo.

Count me in. Or just bring me back a wheel of that smokey creamy cheese. Ok maybe ALL the cheese wheels......

Walking the deck and seeing the staff cleaning up the roped off kid's pool area in their hazmat suits.

😅 I was totally with you as I read up until the kids pool!! I really do appreciate and love seeing the staff cleaning every nook and cranny. How many times I've seen someone on the stairs cleaning ever crevice of the hand rail as I was by. I know it's a crew members job, but the -at least it appears this way- pride they take in keeping the ships clean always impresses me.

We don't have any non country dance bars where I live, so I'd take a night at Underground after a Knob Creek at O'Gill's! No complaints from the kids, either. They're longing for their first Edge/Vibe experience (1 each).

That sounds like a solid plan. Stay up and dance the night away.

I want to see the look on my youngest DS’s face that he had while wearing a princess Anna dress and tiara and doing a twirl with Belle, or sipping tea “apple juice” with his pinky stuck out at the “princess tea party”. He is autistic and at the time he was 4 year old and largely nonverbal, so sometimes it is hard to know what he is thinking or feeling, but that day look on his face was pure joy. We have had a year from hell so I’d give anything to see him that happy again. Dang, now I’m crying while typing this.

Reading this thread really made me smile. It seems like it it was so long ago that we were on our last disney cruise and yet it seems like no time at all when I think about the sound of the ocean at night from the empty deck at Meridian, watching dolphins jump along the ship as we left PC, the taste of a Conch Cooler while my kids bury my feet in warm sand, or the first sight of CC approaching from my verandah. Hah, I cheated and said a bunch of things, but my one thing is definitely that ridiculously expensive princess tea with my DS!

😍😪 This was so special to read. Thank you for sharing that. I am so happy your son had such a great experience that you got to share with him. Disney really can bring out the best special moments!

View attachment 558537
I’m going to imagine today is the start of our cruise. I would be sitting right here getting ready for a concierge lunch with my extended family.

That sounds great. Whats on that menu?

Right now, it's between dinner and the evening show, so I've decided to have a drink - Moet Ice, please and thank you.

You picked one of my favorite "vacation only time" hours of the day for your choice! I always think it's funny how "vacation" time works different than "real" time. If you asked me to hang out after dinner for a drink and then go to a show, and then maybe a late night activity (I'm thinking of you Match Your Mate!) I'd completely decline. It's a weeknight!!! But on vacation? A 9:00pm ice cream run doesn't even seem like it's that late at night, or weird. At that hour between dinner and the show is the time to be out and about! So much going on.

Sit on the veranda with a Mickey bar, listening to the water hit the ship!

I miss that sound! I may sometimes turn on a video of just that.... just cause I miss it....

I love sitting out on the loungers or the balcony if we have one and watching the sea go by with a glass of wine in my hand. There is little better! But, since it is before lunch right now, I'd probably be at some kind of name that tune or character drawing event with my daughter! Either way, it's a good time.

It's a few minutes after 5pm. Great time to hit the aqua duck as so many families have left the pool deck for early dinner. I would probably enjoy a couple of slides. Then pop back to the cabin for a quick shower and to dress for dinner. Hubs and I would then head off to Meridien for sunset & drinks followed by Palo for dinner.

Oh how I miss DCL!

Without reading other posts to be influenced, I’m going with

Eat Muesli at Cabanas, followed by link sausage, corned beef hash and grilled tomatoes. (I’m a bit hungry right now).

Boy, I didn’t even try to link it to the current time of day. I wrote that at 2:40 am. I’ve been thinking of that Muesli lately.

My son just finished breakfast, so we'd be back in the room for Mommy and Daddy to eat while he plays. If grandma and grandpa are on the cruise with us, he'll be in their room. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter