What is the 1 thing you would do on a Disney Cruise this minute?

Sit on one of the chairs outside Cove Cafe with my feet up reading a book and listening to the ocean.

That sounds nice right about now. Even if it was raining, it's covered so I'm game.

3:50 pm, I would probably have had enough sun for the afternoon so I would be sitting at the Cove Bar sipping a Tropical Depression and munching on BBQ chips (I always grab some from around the corner ;)) .

Instead I'm watching snow come down outside my window. :(

Wait where are there BBQ chips? Or any chips? Or are we talking the British chips ( American french fries?) because chips (or crips) are one of the things I always miss while cruising. I've been known to stash a bag or two in my luggage on longer cruises. Sometimes you just want a salty crunchy snack!

I would relax on the bed with a good book and Disney on demand in the background, plus a gentle ocean view out of the verandah or oceanview window, while snacking on chicken strips brought by room service.

Your plan sounds great. Sign me up.
I was surprised to find out how awesome an afternoon (or two in my case) just holed up in the cabin watching tv and doing nothing can be. I normally am on the go and use the cabin for sleeping, but during a hurricane cruise, I ended up sea sick - a first for me- and spent 2 days in the cabin. I would have thought I'd look back on the memory with disappointment, but I am surprised I don't think of the seasick days as "ruined" vacation days. I have pretty fond memories of just lazing about. The other side effects of seasickness I could have done without........

On the verandah with a bottle of champagne and an All Hands on Deck platter, just breathing in all that salty air.

The sea air and relaxing seems to be something a lot of people miss. I hope after reading all these things, I'll remember to take a few minutes to applicate the small things on my next cruise. Whenever that may be.

Have a Mickey Bar for dessert in Animator's Palate.

That reminds me how much I miss seeing the crew march around at the end of the dinner show in Animators.

Walk deck 4 watching the flying fish (or any other wildlife) and gazing out.... I miss being on the ocean so much. :sad:

I feel like I almost never see wildlife. I was pretty excited when I finally saw dolphins from the ship! I did see more in Alaska, but I always figured that was because we were so close to land. In the open ocean all I see is the crashing waves.

Last edited:

Wait where are there BBQ chips? Or any chips? Or are we talking the British chips ( American french fries?) because chips (or crips) are one of the things I always miss while cruising. I've been known to stash a back or two in my luggage on longer cruises. Sometimes you just want a salty crunchy snack!

There are different types of what y'all call crisps across the pond at one of the pool deck food places. I don't know if there is any guarantee of any specific flavor but I remember getting crisps at the hot dog/burger place (if I recall correctly, might have been the sandwich place)

There are different types of what y'all call crisps across the pond at one of the pool deck food places. I don't know if there is any guarantee of any specific flavor but I remember getting crisps at the hot dog/burger place (if I recall correctly, might have been the sandwich place)

What this a classic ship or a dream class ship?

Wait where are there BBQ chips? Or any chips? Or are we talking the British chips ( American french fries?) because chips (or crips) are one of the things I always miss while cruising. I've been known to stash a bag or two in my luggage on longer cruises. Sometimes you just want a salty crunchy snack!
On the Dream and Fantasy you can get the chips at Flo’s, right around the corner from the Cove Bar/Cafe area. I’ve also seen them at Currents Bar.

I was just sitting here thinking "What I would do to be able to go sit in the Rainforest room right now", (it was this or stand with my mouth wide open under the soft serve machine!) and it made me wonder what other people would choose if they could do just one thing on a cruise right now?

Rules are simple.

Pick 1 thing. - Cruising for a week can't be the "1 thing"!!

It has to be specific. - Eat lunch at Cabana's vs. Eat at all the restaurants.

You have to want to do it in this exact moment. - It doesn't have to be your favorite thing, or the thing you miss the most. Just the 1 thing you would do on a cruise, if you could, right now, today, this second.

This is just for fun.
Shuffle Board? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 😂 jk

Morning coffee (caramel latte) from cove cafe and some pastries (chocolate pillow, cinnamon scroll and a muffin)

Grab a Margarita from the Bon Voyage Bar. Nothing better than getting a drink at Bon Voyage before dinner with the atrium buzzing and live music playing.

Last edited:
Do you have an ice cream maker? We've used a powder mix, and tweaked the recipe a lot, and have gotten it pretty close to DCL soft serve vanilla. But you have to have an ice cream maker, because I agree, no store bought comes close.
I do not, but it sounds like something I should've added to my kitchen a long time ago! 🤣 Do you have any maker suggestions?

Relax in a lounge chair on deck 4 and watch the ocean go by.
We love doing this. After dinner we walk around deck 4 a few times before going to the show, then come back and relax in the chairs for a while. Last time we clapped and cheered on the joggers. At first they gave us dirty looks but after a few times they realized we were genuinely cheering for them.
Except sometimes we cheer while eating ice cream. :laughing:

I do not, but it sounds like something I should've added to my kitchen a long time ago! 🤣 Do you have any maker suggestions?

Cuisinart ICE-30 2QT. I use a similar but older model. Had it for years, total champ. There are some "tricks of the trade" to get the best product. So if you do invest in one, let me know. I'd be happy to pass on anything I've learned over dozens and dozens of batches of soft serve/sorbet. I don't recommend the Cuisinart Soft Serve maker. Similar freezing capabilities, much messier to use. If you want the soft serve "swirl" a piping bag works just as well and WAY easier to deal with. Mostly I just plop the soft serve in a bowl and go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter