What is so amazing about WDW?

For me it's mostly the atmosphere. When you go on other vacations, there are still people around you going to work, living their lives. At Disney everyone is there on vacation -everyone you meet in the resorts and the parks are all having the same experiences. (except the cast members!) It's so fun and easy to talk to complete strangers because everyone is so excited about what they did or saw that day. Even when crowded or standing in lines, it's so beautifully done that I enjoy just being there. Throw in all of he attractions and great restaurants and it's hard to beat.

Like others have said, you're in that Disney bubble and completely immersed in that Disney magic everywhere you go. I am a 37 year old man and went for the first time last year. I grew up on Disney but it was something my family never really had the money to do. I didn't really know what to expect and I was blown away. I have two kids(9 and 7) and I've never seen them so excited and happy. I have never experienced anything like it. We're going again this year and it's hard for me to even think about going anywhere else for vacation. I had a severe case of the Disney blues when we left and started talking about the next trip on the drive home. My wife thinks I'm nuts and gets sick of hearing Disney, Disney, Disney from me all the time but the kids are on my side! It was crowded when we went but it didn't even phase me and I hate crowds. I could literally just walk around the parks seeing the sights and eating Dole whips all day. It's an atmosphere and feeling I just can't explain and seeing my kids so happy and excited was priceless. These next few months are going to take forever to go by.

I think for me, Disney is the vacation that never gets old or boring. No matter how many times you go, the experience is always different. We will be bringing our 2 yr old for the first time in a couple years and I can't wait to see her reaction. The Disney bubble is real and it's amazing! I know you are there, probably right now..let us know how it's going!

It is a place that just makes me happy. I’m known for being somewhat grumpy, but Disney always brings a smile to my face. The most important thing is to have fun and to not let mishaps ruin your vacation. Something always doesn’t go to plan, but just go with the flow.

This was actually a really awesome question to ask, OP, because as you can see, we all love Disney for very similar reasons as well as very different ones. It's a small world after all:daisy:

I love Disney for many reasons. I was raised on Disney movies (Little Mermaid, Lion King, Tarzan, Cinderella, etc.) and we started going as a family when I was 4 years old. Ever since then, I was hooked. Over the years, I have been 5 times, as well as a Disney Cruise, and now I am headed to WDW for my 6th time this July. I fell in love for the same reason as everyone--it's the happiest place on earth. While you're on Disney property, nothing else matters. Your work, your troubles, the "real world" just goes away for a little bit, and you can be a little kid again. In our everyday lives, we become jaded. We see awful things. We live in an era of mass shootings, police brutality, urban crime, pedophiles, sexual assault allegations, political discourse, war, etc....All of these things are getting shoved in our faces on social media, the news, the radio, etc. When you're in WDW, you get a temporary break from the outside world. Not only can you escape the media for a little bit, but you can escape your own realities as well. Overall, it's a break from life where your only focus is magic and fun.

Ditto to what everyone's saying!

1. Childhood memories that you can relive over and over again
2. So much to do, there's something that can cater to each member of the family
3. Magical/emotional feeling as soon as you enter those Disney gates!

So I've spent so long planning for this (our very first) trip to WDW and it's now only 2 days away and I don't think I've ever asked people WHY they love Disney so much and exactly what is coming our way this weekend/week! So please share why you love WDW so much. The excitement of it has died for me this last week, I think we've just been waiting so long to go. lol.
How was your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter