• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is Paradise Pier like these days?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
For our May trip, I have 2 nights booked at a hotel on Harbor (still deciding which one!) before we move to the Disneyland Hotel. I'm considering Paradise Pier just for the Disney bubble. I also like the look of their park view rooms and the fact that most rooms are 2 queens plus a day bed.

Have they have opened any of the restaurants yet and are they doing club level? How are they as far as housekeeping, bed comfort, etc.
I remember hearing they had elevator problems, are those still an issue?

Thanks for any input!

None of the restaurants are open. I haven't been there in years. I've heard that the elevators can still be annoying

Thank you so much! I think I will stick with a harbor hotel unless the resort hotels have a spring sale. I've always wanted to try GCH :)

The Disney hotels had a sale during spring already, I believe it’s mostly no longer available.

edit: they had an offer until april 8. They may open another one for later.

We will be going in a couple of weeks. What's wrong with the elevators?
They installed a "smart" elevator system where you type in floor number and the elevator assigns a car to you and goes to that specific floor, instead of the large set of buttons that can stop on any floor throughout your ride.

It might sound nice in theory but can cause issues since car will be full of families and luggage, causing long waits for the next car to go to your floor. Hard to explain but hopefully makes sense. The system works better for office towers with more elevator shafts and single people. Nothing wrong with the actual elevators themselves, just the setup is odd.

Last edited:
And so it begins, the name of the new theme will be announced at D23 this weekend. We just left there on Monday and it was clean, but worn and tired. They did say the restaurant will come back without character dining. I'm excited to see what they do, but it really needs to be razed and start fresh, but that's not going to happen.
We didn't experience issues with the elevators, the automatic assignment system worked well and we only had a few small waits at busy times. We did press the floor # three times to account for all of us. This seemed to prevent the packed elevator issue. The ease of entering DCA and the GCH make it far more convenient now and is a game changer for this property moving forward, but we can't wait to get back "home" at VGC in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter