What is going on in Late Jan 2024? Resorts full!

Jess.stw

Mouseketeer
We have been putting off booking our late January trip to finalize my husband's work conference dates (didn't know if we would go before or after).

I am trying to book a resort stay Jan 24-28th (ish) and I can't believe how many of the resorts are "sold out" Including all of Yacht & Beach, Grand Flo, Poly and even all of Port Orleans -- both sides.

Anyone know why? Will the parks be packed? If so we may change our minds about going... I thought this was the slow season, no RunDisney, no school holidays.... ACK

We have been putting off booking our late January trip to finalize my husband's work conference dates (didn't know if we would go before or after).

I am trying to book a resort stay Jan 24-28th (ish) and I can't believe how many of the resorts are "sold out" Including all of Yacht & Beach, Grand Flo, Poly and even all of Port Orleans -- both sides.

Anyone know why? Will the parks be packed? If so we may change our minds about going... I thought this was the slow season, no RunDisney, no school holidays.... ACK
Ok even all the value resorts aren't bookable and seems to be the nights of the 24th and 25th (Wednesday and Thursday) that are the unavailable ones. Which is also during the skyliner refurb so it's got to be slow season, right? What is happening?

Ok even all the value resorts aren't bookable and seems to be the nights of the 24th and 25th (Wednesday and Thursday) that are the unavailable ones. Which is also during the skyliner refurb so it's got to be slow season, right? What is happening?
WDW is very good at filling onsite rooms. For a slower time of year, it’s mostly the offsite rooms that will end up unfilled at 2 months out. Have you tried using the chat on WDW reservation page? I’d double check with them to make sure you’re not missing anything (glitches can happen on availability page). I just looked at ‘priced low to high’:

4A2B934D-9896-4659-A0EE-64281D9E2071.jpeg

No values available. Most of the moderates are available, and some deluxe.

I def tried chat and they didn't have anything helpful to share except to call. You got Port Orleans to show up though, which I didn't... how frustrating! What dates did you enter? If I include either the 24 or 25 it won't show up for me. We were leaning towards deluxe anyway (even though my husbands favorite it Riverside) but not sure we want to brave crowds big enough to fill all of Riverside. We usually go in September and are used to those crowds... I thought late January was similar but maybe not

I def tried chat and they didn't have anything helpful to share except to call. You got Port Orleans to show up though, which I didn't... how frustrating! What dates did you enter? If I include either the 24 or 25 it won't show up for me. We were leaning towards deluxe anyway (even though my husbands favorite it Riverside) but not sure we want to brave crowds big enough to fill all of Riverside. We usually go in September and are used to those crowds... I thought late January was similar but maybe not
Ooh - i was just going in to check PORR for you and saw this pop up now - Pop Century for your dates

833F2149-9B15-420A-99EC-B18A0F87F69B.jpeg

I’ll post Porr next

Ok… now POR isn’t showing in any room offer category. It was a just a few minutes ago.

I think your best bet is to keep checking. People are still cancelling and rescheduling now so rooms do pop up.

They have been pushing hotel discounts for after the holidays via email a lot (I have an AP). I have 2 weekends booked in January in case we go. Haven't decided which one yet. Maybe other folks are doing the same?

Ok… now POR isn’t showing in any room offer category. It was a just a few minutes ago.

I think your best bet is to keep checking. People are still cancelling and rescheduling now so rooms do pop up.
But I guess my question is.... are all the rooms in those resorts really completely booked? That is a HUGE resort (plus French Quarter is not bookable either). That is a LOT of people. If it's truly full, even if I luck into a room (wasn't my first choice, but Yacht & Beach & Poly are full too so it was next....) am I going to be fighting crowds? In late January?

They have been pushing hotel discounts for after the holidays via email a lot (I have an AP). I have 2 weekends booked in January in case we go. Haven't decided which one yet. Maybe other folks are doing the same?
Interesting... yes, I often have several reservations booked myself "in case" and then don't use them including one last year in january.

But I guess my question is.... are all the rooms in those resorts really completely booked? That is a HUGE resort (plus French Quarter is not bookable either). That is a LOT of people. If it's truly full, even if I luck into a room (wasn't my first choice, but Yacht & Beach & Poly are full too so it was next....) am I going to be fighting crowds? In late January?
It is slower time of year. I’d expect below average crowds at the parks late January.

Park crowds don’t track with onsite availability though. Onsite almost always ends up booked 85-95% or more, regardless of park attendance. Offsite rooms will ultimately feel the dip.

WDW is very good at filling rooms and when they know they won’t, they’ll sometimes shut buildings. A couple months ago Len Testa from Touring Plans was jogging thru PORR and posted pics of empty lots where a couple buildings weren’t operating.

It is slower time of year. I’d expect below average crowds at the parks late January.

Park crowds don’t track with onsite availability though. Onsite almost always ends up booked 85-95% or more, regardless of park attendance. Offsite rooms will ultimately feel the dip.

WDW is very good at filling rooms and when they know they won’t, they’ll sometimes shut buildings. A couple months ago Len Testa from Touring Plans was jogging thru PORR and posted pics of empty lots where a couple buildings weren’t operating.
Thanks this is helpful.

I wondered that about shutting buildings ar I laxes like Port Orleans and asked the chat person who told me they never do that... but they was skeptical

We're going the same time. Make sure you are not just looking at the Discounted rooms, which I think might be default. Click on Reg Room, not discount. A bunch will pop up!!! I was having the same problem!!

We're going the same time. Make sure you are not just looking at the Discounted rooms, which I think might be default. Click on Reg Room, not discount. A bunch will pop up!!! I was having the same problem!!
Thanks, yeah... I did that it resulted in a few more but still most full

The PGA Golf Show is in Orlando that week.

The PGA Golf Show is in Orlando that week.

The PGA Show is in Orlando that week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter