What is going on here?! Gasp! He Said Yes! We're Going Back! A 2019 PTR

I love the pictures through the years!

We had the Hei Hei Cone. Super fun! And good. But go early to get one, cause you can't mobile order it. I want to try the other ones. And the Mint Julep from Casey's corner. Not ice cream but cold!

Oh, great tip! I'll have to remember that!

You can also mark off the rides that you do as you ride them. This helped to plan the day as it went as well. You can also put notes in them. I put what ride was a must do for each of us in each part so I would remember and make sure we did those.

I also want to try each of these, the Hei Hei Cone, the Lost Princess Cone, and the Adventure Is Out There Cone. These are all new, I think.
I so want to try that Hei Hei cone--raspberry dole whip sounds amazing!

Your castle pictures are so cute! :)

Here is us in 2011 on Emma's Make-A-Wish trip. It was August, and a bazillion degrees. It was our first trip and we were NOT prepared for the heat! (we are better prepared now! :rotfl2:).
This will be our first August trip, I don't think we are going to be prepared for the heat.
Finally, our 2018 trip. September again. Do you notice a theme? :jumping1: By now we're old pros with the heat, and we drink tons of water, have cooling towels, stick to the shade, and wear super lightweight, moisture wicking clothes!

Great tips!

You can also mark off the rides that you do as you ride them. This helped to plan the day as it went as well. You can also put notes in them. I put what ride was a must do for each of us in each part so I would remember and make sure we did those.

Cool! I'll definitely have to remember!

Love seeing all the photos from past trips :)

:thanks:

I so want to try that Hei Hei cone--raspberry dole whip sounds amazing!

Your castle pictures are so cute! :)

It looks so yummy, doesn't it?!

This will be our first August trip, I don't think we are going to be prepared for the heat.

Great tips!

It was definitely really hot! But with the right prep it is manageable.

The Food Wishes Continue...
The current plan is to do Animal Kingdom on Monday, with the 8AM extra magic hour. We should be able to knock out Navi, and all of Dino Land, by 9, then use FP's to fill in the rest of the morning.

I definitely have some snacks I want to try at Animal Kingdom, but I don't know which things I'll really get to try. With the ice cream at MK, the family will help me eat those! But the things I want to try at AK are mostly my own tastes. So, we'll see!

From a food cart place called Mr. Kamal's I want to try the seasoned fries and the chicken dumplings. They both look yummy!

AK chkn dumplings.jpg AK fries snack.jpg

From the Eight Spoons Cafe, I've been dying to try one of the Mac and Cheese dishes, particularly the one with pulled pork!

AK mac and cheese.jpg

I'd love to try the Frozen Flamingo drink, and I'm pretty sure I'll get this one since at least Ashlyn will be interested in sharing it.

Frozen flamingo.jpg

Also pretty sure of these, the apple cider donut holes, as these will be eaten by everyone.

apple donut holes AK.jpg

I also figured I would share my Animal Kingdom pics throughout the years!

First, the 2011 trip. We loved Animal Kingdom on that trip and I think I've been trying to recreate the fun we had that year every visit since (I think we finally did that on our 2018 trip!).

AK 2011.jpg

Next up, the 2014 trip. We took very few pics in AK that year. I don't know why. :confused3 A pic at Tusker House will have to do!

AK 2014 r.jpg

Our 2016 trip was equally short on AK pictures. A handful of this same pose is all I can find.

AK 2016 r.jpg

And in 2018, we took a TON of pics :rotfl:. I will spare you by only showing you one, my favorite!

AK_EVRST4_20180904_413201519904.jpg

From a food cart place called Mr. Kamal's I want to try the seasoned fries and the chicken dumplings. They both look yummy!

ak-chkn-dumplings-jpg.392847
ak-fries-snack-jpg.392848
Def get the seasoned fries! They are soooo good. Well, I could see someone not liking them if you don't like the ingreditents. But def yummy. We had the dumplings on our last trip as well, they were very good, but nothing super amazing or different. So, if you need to prioritize stomach space, I would say skip it.

From the Eight Spoons Cafe, I've been dying to try one of the Mac and Cheese dishes, particularly the one with pulled pork!

ak-mac-and-cheese-jpg.392849
These have been on my lists for awhile. I never seem to find Eight Spoons Cafe...

Hello there. I am new to your thread and I am really enjoying it. It also seems as if we have a lot of similarities. First of all out first trip was also a Make a Wish trip. We went in 2009 for my eldest sons trip. Love Give Kids the World. It also appears as if we will be at Disney at the same time. We are going July 30-August 5th and the best part is we are planning on being at Magic Kingdom on Thursday August 1st. Can't wait to read more of your PTR!!!

Def get the seasoned fries! They are soooo good. Well, I could see someone not liking them if you don't like the ingreditents. But def yummy. We had the dumplings on our last trip as well, they were very good, but nothing super amazing or different. So, if you need to prioritize stomach space, I would say skip it.

These have been on my lists for awhile. I never seem to find Eight Spoons Cafe...

Good to know about the dumplings vs fries! And same here about 8 spoons. Looked for it last trip and never found it :rotfl:.

Hello there. I am new to your thread and I am really enjoying it. It also seems as if we have a lot of similarities. First of all out first trip was also a Make a Wish trip. We went in 2009 for my eldest sons trip. Love Give Kids the World. It also appears as if we will be at Disney at the same time. We are going July 30-August 5th and the best part is we are planning on being at Magic Kingdom on Thursday August 1st. Can't wait to read more of your PTR!!!

:hug::welcome: I agree, Give Kids the World is a fabulous place!

How cool that we'll be at the same place same time!!!

I have tried none of those foods, but they all look delicious. Also, love the AK pics! It's so fun to see the changes over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter