• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is fair compensation for waitress drink spill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are driving your car and you accidentally hit someone's car or they hit yours, both parties expect to get the guilty party to pay for the repairs.

That's what I would expect in this situation, and what I would offer to someone if I were the one to spill a drink on them or anything of the sort.

It would have cost them nothing to offer them a place to shower and/or get cleaned up and into new clothes. When you dive at The Seas they offer you that, so I'm sure they had that available and it would have cost them cents to run the shower and provide them with a towel, soap and shampoo. They might not have wanted it, but it would have been nice to offer.

I would not want to walk around wet and sticky for the rest of the evening. Specially in the cold. And I certainly wouldn't enjoy riding the bus back to my resort like that. I would want nothing from Disney except what to me is common sense: a place to shower and a change of clothes.

They have tons of ways to provide that at little to no cost. They could have offered to take them back to their hotel and then back to Epcot. They could have let them shower somewhere in Epcot or in any of the nearby resorts. They could have offered to let them do the CP on another day, along with many other options.

To expect something like that is not greedy at all. Some people do not care about walking around covered in soda, in the cold no less. But I'd bet most do.

Tray of drinks spilled on my father at Chef Mickey's... we got an apology, that was all and really all that was expected.

I got a tray of tea and sodas dumped on me at Le Cellier a few years ago and an apology is all I got or expected. This was in Dec, so I was wet and freezing cold walking out to the buses after dinner. We had planned to see Illuminations, but skipped it, because I was miserably cold. I'd have been thrilled if they'd offered me a sweatshirt that night (or a windbreaker or even a Disney poncho to keep the cold air off my wet clothes)lol.

I got a tray of tea and sodas dumped on me at Le Cellier a few years ago and an apology is all I got or expected. This was in Dec, so I was wet and freezing cold walking out to the buses after dinner. We had planned to see Illuminations, but skipped it, because I was miserably cold. I'd have been thrilled if they'd offered me a sweatshirt that night (or a windbreaker or even a Disney poncho to keep the cold air off my wet clothes)lol.

I think that's all we should expect but like you even said it would have been nice for something to keep the cold off. Now my wife she wouldn't have left the restaurant until the bill would have been compensated.

Years ago we dined at France on a bitter cold night.
Our waitress dumped our glasses of tea on us. She offered us a free meal but we were on free dining & it was the last meal of the trip so we told her it was ok.
Really made for a miserable meal on a cold night but I felt sorry for the waitress. It had to be one of her most embarrassing moments.

40346d1374446638-job-offer-zombie_thread.jpg

Bottom line: A person working for the restaurant made a mistake and caused guests to be incredibly uncomfortable. The heat plus spilled drinks had to feel awful. They should have comped at least part of the bill and given vouchers for sweatshirts. Anything less would be awful. Also, to those stating that high end restaurants would do less, please list the ones you visit or work at, so I know never to go there. Also, laughing as you walk away after a guest is purposely abused is just awful. I don't care what the guest did. If it's that bad, you ask them to leave.
Asking what we would do if a child did this is just plain silly.

I would think that the sweaters are good (as this allows you to carry on with your day/night) and anything repaired in the bag.
For example if your phone or camera were broken as a result of the liquid damage fair compensation would be to replace the item.
I would think the round of drinks should be comped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter