What is Disneyland Hotel like these days?

NothingClever

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

We're thinking about heading out to DL for the first time in a couple years; the last time we visited, I swore that the next trip would include a stay at Disneyland Hotel. I suspect many aspects of the Hotel are a bit different under this COVID environment, but are any of those changes significant enough that we should choose another time to book our first stay? Anything that you think we should consider before booking? As a bonus question, can anyone confirm that Disneyland is back to their pre-COVID cancellation policy?

Thanks!

Hello all,

We're thinking about heading out to DL for the first time in a couple years; the last time we visited, I swore that the next trip would include a stay at Disneyland Hotel. I suspect many aspects of the Hotel are a bit different under this COVID environment, but are any of those changes significant enough that we should choose another time to book our first stay? Anything that you think we should consider before booking? As a bonus question, can anyone confirm that Disneyland is back to their pre-COVID cancellation policy?

Thanks!
We just returned from a stay at DLH. The only covid impact at the moment is the Frontier tower was closed. We booked when Fantasy tower was supposed to be the only one open but Adventure was in use also.

Pool, Coffee House, Tangeroa Terrace and Trader Sam’s were all open.

House keeping was every other day. Masks were supposed to be worn in doors but there was no enforcement that I noticed. Hotel staff were in masks unless outdoors.

The new DVC tower is under construction but the noise was limited.

We stayed Thursday and Friday night last week and had a wonderful visit.

My understanding from the cast members was that only Fantasy Tower was in use; I didn't notice anyone using Adventure Tower, so the PP's comment above surprises me.

This was our first stay at DLH. We had previously stayed at Paradise Pier and GCH. We thought the room was nice, but smaller than a deluxe resort room at WDW. The beautiful castle headboard with the "fireworks" and music was such a nice touch. Bed was very comfortable.

All cast members we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

We got a couple of chai lattes from the Coffee Shop early one morning (they open at 6), and a wonderful breakfast from Tangeroa Terrace another day. That Tangeroa Toast is amazing. And dining on the tropical deck under the trees is a lovely way to start the day.

My favorite part of the hotel was the pool. We took a swim break both afternoons. Relaxing vibe, warm water, friendly poolside service. A wonderful way to recharge between time at the parks.

We did not try Trader Sam's. I would have loved to, but coming from Eastern time, we were just too tired in the evenings.

We had a 40% military discount. Even though we enjoyed the stay very much, I wouldn't choose to stay there at full price. It's nice, but not worth two or three times more than some of the nearby hotels, in my opinion.

They are building a new DVC tower on the fourth "side" of the square around the pool, down near Frontier tower. As such, there may be some construction noise during working hours. We were at DLH on opening weekend and they weren't working over the holiday (july 4th) and I'm sure it varies day to day how disruptive whatever they're working on at the moment is but hopefully not a huge impact as a PP above mentioned. A number of trees have been cleared and some pool chair seating area removed near the Monorail slides for this construction as well- and there is a blue construction wall in the area (see photo-sorry its kind of dark).
That said, I really don't think it's a big deal. The only other item that I don't think has been mentioned is that Goofy's Kitchen is also not open as of yet and I don't believe any announcement has been made about when it will. They have announced that Steakhouse 55 will not be reopening and the space will be "re-imagined".
We thought the refreshed rooms were very nice and enjoyed our stay overall.

Last edited:
Can confirm Adventure Tower is open, currently there. Our first stay, but other than restaurants not being open, no room service and no valet parking, things seem normal. They are pushing that DTD restaurants will deliver to the hotels right now, we tried but they used DoorDash and they didn’t deliver our food, I had to go get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter