What is DDE?

CarolMN said:
I'm hoping to use the DDE discount for two Decembertrips as well - one trip this coming December (12/2 -12/10) and one during December, 2006.

IMHO, there is a simple solution, and that is to ask DDE for the temporary card. I'm going to order our DDE cards sometime the week of November 28 before we leave. I don't mind picking the temporary card up at EPCOT and using it during this first trip. Seems a small inconvenience in return for being able to use it for our December 2006 trip, too.

Best wishes-
That may be the option we end up with, although we would lose the use of the card for the first day of our stay because we are arriving on a Sunday. I don't know if we can have the temp letter faxed to Epcot on Friday and pick it up on Sunday -- if we can, obviously we'll do that.

We may just have to choose between a certain one night's use and the likelihood of having it available for a possible Dec '06 trip. And, as I said above, it's only $50...assuming they continue this popular program.

JimMIA said:
That may be the option we end up with, although we would lose the use of the card for the first day of our stay because we are arriving on a Sunday. I don't know if we can have the temp letter faxed to Epcot on Friday and pick it up on Sunday -- if we can, obviously we'll do that.

We may just have to choose between a certain one night's use and the likelihood of having it available for a possible Dec '06 trip. And, as I said above, it's only $50...assuming they continue this popular program.
Of course you will want to verify, but my understanding is that as long as you call before mid-afternoon on Friday (I'd call on Thursday just to make sure, LOL), the temp will be waiting for you at EPCOT's Guest Relations (main entrance) and you can pick it up anytime GR is open.

FWIW, my guess is that this process is similar to what they use for the CP dinner packages - all your info is in the computer and all the GR people do is print it out for you. (I think you get a paper card now, not a faxed letter). Since you can't pick the temp up until after 5:30 pm of the day you call, there is probably a scheduled "computer dump" at a certain time every afternoonthat DDE is open. Just speculating :teeth:

Best wishes -

I figure if we order the card November 28, we will get it in plenty of time, and it should have a December expiration on it. That way we can use it for our New Years trip, our March trip and December 2006 as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter