What is closed in your community....?

both my DD's colleges closed yesterday, online courses moving forward, as soon as President Trump declared the emergency, all shelves emptied, DW had to battle crowds all day yesterday

Well, so much for getting ahead on education. Our county extended spring break through next week.

We went by Sam's to get some bacon and cat litter. Here are the meat cases. We were going to grab some hamburger. Maybe next time. I didn't look down the TP isle, but the racks with bottled water were nearly empty.

20200314_142531_copy_567x1008.jpg20200314_142514_copy_567x318.jpg

j

When Irma was on the way everyone had to stock up on pallets of bottled water. Everybody in Florida turned into fish! When it was all over people tried to return the water and the stores said no. Good for them.
Now it seems that toilet paper is the thing. Corona is an upper respiratory infection. What do they think they're going to need all that paper for? Today is our normal grocery shopping day. We'll see what they have. I'm just not seeing the panic here that is being reported elsewhere. Maybe it's because everybody is used to prepping for hurricanes?

DW and I went to Wal-Mart yesterday after work pretty much just to laugh at everyone. The aisles that where cleaned out are:
TP and paper goods
Water
Cold meds, hand sanitizer
Pet food

DW does shopping on Thursdays, she got the last bag of cat food, and last 4 pack of tp.

Update from N. VA. I am mandatory WFH till at least April 3rd and additional guidance from there. Schools in PW county are closed till 4/14 and the govenor closed all state schools till 3/27 so we don't even use our built in snow days till after that date. All standards testing is up in the air.

The panic shopping levels are biblical here. But unlike your normal blizzard panic buying that looks like a national french toast party (milk, eggs, bread, and of course TP), instead its a national BBQ (beans/canned foods, meat, TP) plus all the cleaning products you can hoard. I am pretty sure some people must have bought a lifetime supply of hand soap and dish detergent.

We worked around the yard yesterday getting lots of brush cleared out around our fence line after we installed it last year.

Not sure how it works in your state, but in MS if a state of emergency is declared by either the governor or the president and this leads to school closure the schools do not have to makeup the days missed due to the emergency.

The county made a decision before the state did and would figure out how to deal with any lost time afterwards. The fact that we have had maybe 2 days off due to extreme weather conditions so far and spring break was due to start on 4/3. It was easy to close, now that the Governor declared state of emergency and closed schools for he whole state we are really in the clear for having enough qualified time built in. PLUS Melissa will meet her contract requirements as a teacher and not see any effect on her pay.

Just announced that the last day of school in Vermont is Tuesday 17 and will be closed until April 6 or later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter