What is an AMAZING price on a 4 or 7 night cruise these days??

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Our last cruise was almost 5 years ago on the Wonder and we paid $3400 total for 7 nights with 2 VGT rooms with 1 adult and 1 child in each room after OBC booked straight through DCL!!!

I have zero hope of seeing a rate even close to that in the near future and we really want to cruise with DCL again. Our schedule is pretty flexible and we could book fairly last minute and any time of year. Since we have not been on a DCL cruise for quite a while I don't even know what a good deal is anymore!

I need frequent cruiser opinions--what is a rate that is so AMAZING for DCL that you would be booking it ASAP? Has holding out for GT rates been the best pricing or is it better to book when new dates are released?

Thanks as always for advice and opinions!!

It is best to book when dates are released as those are the lowest. This way you choose the cabin you want and location as well for a better price.
Booking GT rates can be tricky as not all itineraries offer them and they are used to fill the ship. However, they are closest to opening day prices than anything else, but not always available when you can go.
As for pricing...I booked a 5 night MDAS at a FL resident rate for 4 (2 adults 2 teens) in a 5A for 3260. in January. It was out of Miami on the Magic. This was booked at 30 days before sailing.
In February, I booked a 3 night last minute and used a placeholder for 3000.00 for 2 adults 2 teens in a 5A. I booked 8 days before sailing. So for 2 less days and no MDAS fun, I paid 200.00 less.

It is all about flexibility and taking what they have if it fits into your schedule and you want to go. lol It helps if you are military or FL resident as those rates tend to be close to opening day.
ETA...7 night cruises are best rates in September and October...with a bit of November too. Hurricane season though so make sure you get that travel insurance. :)

We paid $2100 for 7n wonder cruise in Feb 2018 after OBB for two people in inside room

That seems like a great price! Do you care to share any details-was it a GT, FL resident, etc. How far out from the cruise did you book and where was the departure port? TIA!

03/04/2018 Disney Wonder, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, I: $2846.52 - V: $3672.52

We did this one in an inside cabin and really enjoyed it. We booked it less then 3 weeks out, and our TA gave us $200 OBC.

I keep looking at the discounts mentioned here whenever I am fed up with winter! We did a 4 night cruise in December using the discount mentioned here as well.

Last October, first week of the month Halloween cruise, 7 night Western on Fantasy 5B Florida Resident $2600 for 2.

That seems like a great price! Do you care to share any details-was it a GT, FL resident, etc. How far out from the cruise did you book and where was the departure port? TIA!

hi - left from port canaveral. no discounts other than the obb but I always book early as close to opening day as possible. The cast member booking it even said “great price, I need to book this.” The verandahs were a lot more so we did without.

the cruise was over valentine’s day, mardi gras, and president’s day too.

really exceptional

Back in 2016 we paid a decent chunk less than 150 pp per night on an inside room for 9 days total, but I think the ship has sailed for finding deals like that, maybe once the new ships come out.

these days an AMAZING price is one that you can live with.

We looked a several dates in January, April and May next year (2019) and just about had a cow at the prices. The only "Amazing" price was for the 5 nights from Galveston to San Juan in January. I am considering it since Lin Manuel Miranda will be reprising his role as Alexander Hamilton - and I'm willing to pay to see that!!

I then looked at a 7 night cruise on Royal (out of Galveston) to a couple of places DCL does not go ... Beliez and Honduras. I could get a Suite for about 1/3 the cost of most DCL Port hole rooms for the timeframe I was looking at (4 to 7 nights). Like Paul Harvey used to say .... "Now that's .... True Value"

It is all about flexibility
ETA...7 night cruises are best rates in September and October...with a bit of November too. Hurricane season though so make sure you get that travel insurance. :)

When our DS was younger and we could pull him out of school, we loved the first week of December (Christmas decorations) or the first week of May. Both were very good dates for prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter