What in the world is Pete on Mickey mouse clubhouse?

eyenjeff

PROUD DVC OWNER!!
Ok, here we are again analyzing disney shows. Now my husband wants to know what Pete is on mickey mouse clubhouse. He thinks he is a cat. Does anyone know>:confused3

(also known by variations of his name, including Peg-Leg Pete, Bad Pete, Big Pete, Big Bad Pete, and Black Pete) is a fictional character from the Walt Disney Company studios. He is an anthropomorphic cat and is occasionally depicted with a pegleg, and known as the arch-nemesis of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy. Though usually associated with the Mickey Mouse universe, Pete appeared in Disney's animated cartoon series "Alice Comedies" long before Mickey, and is Disney's oldest continuing character. He was a relatively obscure character until appearing as a regular character in the 1990s TV series Goof Troop. Though Pete is officially a cat, his feline appearance was subdued in Goof Troop and he resembled a canine like many other characters in the series.

that is interesting. My dh and I were just talking about this the other day. haha

Yes, Pete is a cat, most people are thrown off by that because he lived in a world of dogs in Goof Troop.

He's a cat. That's why in the original Goofy cartoons that he and Goofy don't get along. Cat vs. dog...

I think on one clubhouse episode it does say he is a cat i thought he was a dog until then but it figures really that a mouse has a cat as an enemy

Pete's a cat.
In one episode they used a ball of yarn to distract him from chasing them - reasoning of course that cats like playing with yarn.

What I really cannot understand is if Tigger, pooh, rabbit and every other animal in the hundred acre wood can speak - why can't Buster?????

Pete's a cat.
In one episode they used a ball of yarn to distract him from chasing them - reasoning of course that cats like playing with yarn.

What I really cannot understand is if Tigger, pooh, rabbit and every other animal in the hundred acre wood can speak - why can't Buster?????

Pluto too.

OMG...we all thought he was a wolf! I need to see him right now...how could we confuse a cat for a wolf?!:confused3

Pete's a cat.

This was going to be my reply - the yarn episode.

Maybe Buster doesn't speak because he is a really dog and the rest of the Hundred Acre Wood's charcters are make believe?

that is interesting. My dh and I were just talking about this the other day. haha

You sound like you have the same dinner conversation my DH and I do :lmao: Of course we not only discuss Pete that would be childish, there is also the philosophical differences between MR Phineus and MR Ferb, not to mention the underlying jealousy of Minnie and Daisy!!

Ok I read somewhere that Goofy was supposed to a man....or something, I dunno...At any rate Pete looks like a cat, but I don't nderstand how Pete's kid, looks like a dog!

Pete has changed since he was first brought on scene. If you look at him during his Steamboat Willie days, he's got a long tail that has since been shortened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter