• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What if it rains?

tarmand

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="red"> duh duh duh
We are going to US and IOF one week from today. I know its still really too early to predict, but weather.com and accuweather are giving rain for pretty much the entire time we will be there. I read that rides close if lightening is detected within five miles of the park. My question is how often does this happen and generally what rides are closed. Do they usually reopen quickly? This will be our first visit to USF. We will bring our ponchos. The rain won't bother us, we just are wondering about ride closures.

They will close the roller coasters, Dr. Doom, and the water rides.

It rained all day, every day, that we were there this summer. There was no lightening and I don't remember anything closing. I could be wrong, but we didn't miss riding anything. The rain was not particularly heavy, just mostly a light rain, but it was constant.
But, like I said, no lightening. That does cause closures. We just put on our ponchos and had a great time!!

Nan

In general, all attractions operate in the rain.

During heavy rains (even without lightning), the following attractions will close:
Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster
Incredible Hulk Coaster

If lightning is detected within 5 miles of the parks, the following attractions will close:
Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster
Feival's water slide
Jaws
Wild Wild Wild West
BeetleJuice

Incredible Hulk Coaster
Doctor Doom's Fearfall
Ripsaw Falls
Bluto's
River Adventure
Pteranodon Flyers
Flying Unicorn
Dueling Dragons
Eighth Voyage of Sinbad
One Fish Two Fish

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter