What I wish I would have known BEFORE getting to WDW!

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere but it might have been. Storing your ADR's in your cell phone is a lot easier than searching for where you wrote them down at.:)

rental car. with a diamond parking pass...its the only way to go. 15 minutes between front gates and hotel. worth eveyr penny.

What is a diamond parking pass?

Nevermind...I found my answer a couple pages back.

Does anyone know if you need to book your trip through AAA to get the pass or can you just request the pass as an AAA member?

All I've got to say is this is an AWESOME thread that took me 2 days to read, haha. Thanks for all the tips!

if we didnt have a stroller, it possibly wouldnt bother us, but we do. also 3minutes? its a lot more than 3 minutes. its probably more like 20 from your car to the front gate. and thats if you get the first tram you see.
we also do a lot of park hopping. it wouldnt be possible if we had to use the trams.

We must've just been really lucky. We drove to MGM (just can't seem to call it DHS) and AK, parked quickly and the tram was waiting for us!! :thumbsup2 Sorry you didn't have the same experience. We had two strollers, a Pliko and Jeep. They were super easy to fold and hop on the tram.

And anything's possible!! :laughing: :thumbsup2

We must've just been really lucky. We drove to MGM (just can't seem to call it DHS) and AK, parked quickly and the tram was waiting for us!! :thumbsup2 Sorry you didn't have the same experience. We had two strollers, a Pliko and Jeep. They were super easy to fold and hop on the tram.

And anything's possible!! :laughing: :thumbsup2

youre very lucky. we go twice a year, never had that experience.

This is my first time posting, so I hope I'm doing it right!:)
In regards to the Diamond Parking Pass, we've gotten it twice without having to book our trip through AAA. Our last trip was November, 2006, and the parking pass was terrific. We were able to park right up front! You should be able to go right into your local AAA and ask for one.:dance3:

Not to hijack this thread.... but with the parking pass how do you know where to park. seems like alot of times in the parking lot in the afternoon they are directing you towards the middle/back of the parking lot??:confused3

Not to hijack this thread.... but with the parking pass how do you know where to park. seems like alot of times in the parking lot in the afternoon they are directing you towards the middle/back of the parking lot??:confused3

they direct you a different way then the rest of the traffic, you follow the green line.

Ok, i finished it, read all 30 pages! The tips were fantastic and i got so much great info.

Thanks so much everyone!

I love being able to learn from others! Great tips everyone!!! :goodvibes

I hate the ponchos in the summer - I feel like I'm walking around in a personal sauna. I normally hook a small mini style umbrella on my fanny pack. The older "kids" also carry one and if/when the summer storms come by it's much nicer.
Ponchos are ok when it's cooler or at night but then where do you put this wet plastic that will never seem to refold the same?
Extra shoes are a must, mole skin, bandages etc.
Bug spray - Sun Block - Cheap disposable cameras, who wants their nice digital getting wet on a water ride. - Last years autograph book and pen.
If you can find them, the ice packs that do not chill until you crush and mix the two sides. Check a pharmacy or hunting goods. I've tried to cloth in a baggie but constantly have to recool it in a water fountain.
Great tips on here by the way!

22 Days and counting.:banana:

Originally Posted by BigDopeyMom
What is a diamond parking pass?

Nevermind...I found my answer a couple pages back.

Does anyone know if you need to book your trip through AAA to get the pass or can you just request the pass as an AAA member?

I have been told that you need to book your tickets with AAA to get the parking pass.

Great tips everyone! Here's what i'm glad i've packed ahead of time:

Toilet paper (the value resorts have very cheap, hard toilet paper)

Dramamine -enough for the whole week, non-drowsy

WalMart ponchos-they're thin and cheap but do fit in your cargo pocket

extra camera batteries

Hand Sanitizer -bring plenty!! I bring a medium size one and use it to refill the tiniest ones i can find which fit in our pockets

Sunscreen -the small key chain size works good for keeping in your pocket

tissues-a small pack would be good if you can fit them into one of your pockets

baggies for electronics -especially for Kali, that ride has the big inner area but it's not totally dry in there, best to put the videocam in the ziplock *get the ones with the easy slide, so you can do it quickly*

Great tips everyone! Here's what i'm glad i've packed ahead of time:

Toilet paper (the value resorts have very cheap, hard toilet paper)

Dramamine -enough for the whole week, non-drowsy

WalMart ponchos-they're thin and cheap but do fit in your cargo pocket

extra camera batteries

Hand Sanitizer -bring plenty!! I bring a medium size one and use it to refill the tiniest ones i can find which fit in our pockets

Sunscreen -the small key chain size works good for keeping in your pocket

tissues-a small pack would be good if you can fit them into one of your pockets

baggies for electronics -especially for Kali, that ride has the big inner area but it's not totally dry in there, best to put the videocam in the ziplock *get the ones with the easy slide, so you can do it quickly*

Someone loves their pockets:rotfl2:

It is so much easier than a bag:lovestruc

I love these tips. I've read most of the pages, but I think I have two to add:

1. Many people mentioned extension cords and/or power strips. This is a great suggestion, but I recommend a "spider" power strip. It's the same concept as a power strip, but it has individual cords for the outlets instead of a strip. with so many chargers having the big transformers on them, it can sometimes be difficult to fit everything in a strip. I got mine at walmart for almost the same price as a strip (although I must admit I was cheap and bought the "industrial" one that was black and yellow instead of the "pretty" colored one for 8 dollars more

2. If you're travelling with children and a digital camera (or camera phone), in addition to having contact info somewhere on them, take a picture of them first thing every morning (or when they change clothes). It's so hard to stay focused when looking for a lost little one and having a picture will save you trying to remember if little Johnny was wearing his buzz shirt or his bugs life shirt.

Thanks for all the tips!

One thing that I loved on my last trip were Kleenex brand "Splash and Go" wipes. Very refreshing - they're bigger than a regular moist towelette, and it was a really nice way to clean off my face, etc. on a hot, sweaty day. They actually made me feel cooler! They sell travel-size packs (about 10 to a pack) at places like Target.

This is a great thread!!!! I'm only on page 7, but hope to catch up soon!

Thanks for all the ideas!!

Karen in Illinois

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter