What I wish I would have known BEFORE getting to WDW!

In order to have less things to bring to the parks, introduce them to lots of games you can play with each other like 20 questions and eyespy, or even make up ones like who can be the first to spot a character, or a mullet, or green shoes. If youre eating, have them count how many people are left handed. Google lists of games like these and they'll be much more fun because theyre interactive with the rest of the family and their environment.

There is an electronic hand held game called 20Q that is fun to bring in lines. Everybody cannot believe that that little device can actually figure out what you are thinking about!

Klutz has at least two books out that come with a stopwatch on a cord. The books list challenges, etc. I have two girls close to the same age and they love this. It's even good for one child to play and see if they can beat their best time. The books are small and even if you didn't want to carry them, you could just take the stopwatch in your pocket and make up games.

The two books I know of are: (1) Stop! the Watch: A Book of Everyday Ordinary, Anybody Olympics and; (2) Stop the Watch: A Book of Everyday Ordinary Events.

:goodvibes

this is a good one. my ds would love those books. are they at borders, or barnes and noble???

Any tips on what to bring to keep the kids occupied during meals and waiting in lines?

Thanks!

We use the "picnic" game even when we are waiting for restaurants here at home. One person starts and says "I'm going on a picnic and I'm going to bring (something that starts with A)." The next person repeats what the first says and adds something that starts with a B. It continues with repeating all the things you are bringing and using all the letters of the alphabet. It's funny to hear the things my kids come up with and it is a good work out with your memory!

this is a good one. my ds would love those books. are they at borders, or barnes and noble???

We purchased ours at a local toy store in the book section. I would think any of the larger book stores may have them with the kids books, but I'm not sure. Klutz does have their own website of all their activity books at
www dot klutz dot com and I know Amazon has both books available.

My kids love the stopwatch and keeps them entertained. Have fun!!

Last year, my feet hurt so bad (I had gained some weight) that I was miserable and dreaded walking just about anywhere.. I was wearing normal broken in tennis shoes. Any ideas how to keep that from happening this year? Im about 150 lbs so I didn't think it would be that big of an issue..

While waiting for 3 and a half hours in line in the Cancun airport last week, one of our group introduced us to a word game called Ghost.

Each player in the game starts out with three lives. The first player selects a letter - each subsequent player must add a letter that's part of a legitimate word. The catch is that the person who adds the letter that completes the word, loses a life. Lives are also forfeited if you "pass" or if you're bluffing and sticking in letters that won't spell a real word. Two-letter words are exempt.

It's harder than it sounds. It's amazing the number of people who got tripped up by spelling words like "and" and "was"

It was a lot of fun, especially for the Scrabble junkies in the group!

Last year, my feet hurt so bad (I had gained some weight) that I was miserable and dreaded walking just about anywhere.. I was wearing normal broken in tennis shoes. Any ideas how to keep that from happening this year? Im about 150 lbs so I didn't think it would be that big of an issue..

How about getting a good pair of walking sneakers? I usually get a new pair of sneaks about 1 month - 1 1/2 months before we go away and I start walking in them. Not only to break them in, but to get my legs in shape for all the walking. Have a great trip:thumbsup2

I have a question for those of you that freeze water/juice boxes overnight for the parks. Do the fridges in the rooms have little freezers? We are staying at the POFQ and were wondering if we could do the same.

Thanks.

if your feet hurt than get good shoes and maybe inserts foot locker sell's them for about twenty dollars with a year replacement on them.

I have a question for those of you that freeze water/juice boxes overnight for the parks. Do the fridges in the rooms have little freezers? We are staying at the POFQ and were wondering if we could do the same.

Thanks.

the fridges are like large dorm fridges and have small freezers. The bottom part even caused small ice crystals to form in our water bottles last trip. It takes a little time for them to cool a large amount of water down quickly. We filled ours up first thing last trip. I think I'm going to start with a two day supply at first and add more when those are cooled down.

Hi folks. Can anyone please explain what moleskin is. I'm from England and we dont have it here. Everyone is talking about it
Many thanks
:confused3

I recommend Frogg Toggs Chilly Pads, these are amazing, I have just discovered these thanks to someone on the dis......I have bought 2 for my upcoming trip and have tried them out, very cool....you just wet them and they stay cool for hours and you can just wear them around your neck and they are somewhat more stylish than most neck pads.....:thumbsup2

Don't know if this has been mentioned (this is one very long thread) before but,I highly recommend Teva sandals. I bought a pair for when we went last time. They are great because.......you can walk in the rain with them and no problem they are made out of fabric and rubber so they dry out quickly. They were invented by a man who loves white water rafting so they strap on to your feet. Much more secure than flip flops. Lastly they are comfortable. There are several different styles to chose from and very comfortable to wear all day. I will be taking mine on our next trip.:thumbsup2

Based on a much earlier post, I just went to
www.minimus.biz
and checked it out.
It is all travel size items from a sewing kit, to laundry detergent, to drink mixes to travel games for the kids.
I haven't ordered yet (they use FedEx to ship so keep the shipping charges in mind) but it looks like a great find- I was not aware of this site. Thought I would bring it forward in case others aren't familiar with it.
Also- you can get a shipping quote on your items just by putting in the city/state/zip and clicking on shipping rates. Orders over $20 are shipped free!

Tennis shoe do wear out around 500 miles. If they are really "broken in" it may be that support is gone in them. Maybe getting a new pair to break in before you head down there would help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter