• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What I llearned today at BLT

sara mom

Mouseketeer
If a child pulls the fire alarm on the 2nd floor, they evacuate only the 1st and 2nd floor. The alarm can be heard on other floors if you are near the elevator. Sadly this happened during the downpour, but most people were out front under the awning.

If a child pulls the fire alarm on the 2nd floor, they evacuate only the 1st and 2nd floor. The alarm can be heard on other floors if you are near the elevator. Sadly this happened during the downpour, but most people were out front under the awning.

That is pretty standard in high-rise buildings. But evacuating the rooms near the alarm is still a safe precaution. It is nice they allowed you to stay near the building, but that wouldn't have been a safe location if it had been a real fire.

I've worked in several high rise office buildings. If the fire alarm goes off, it is usually heard on the floor of the alarm, the one below and the one above. In a modern, sprinklered building, a fire will spread slowly. That gives the people on those floors access to the stairways first. Security or the fire department could then choose to sound the alarm on additional floors.

You should definitely move away from the building. We have a planned meeting spot, its across the street.

As a former volunteer firefighter and EMT, it is pretty much SOP for the floor of, floor below, and floor above a fire alarm pull to be evacuated, in any high rise building with a fire sprinkler system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter