What I Learned at WDW Last Week

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao::rotfl:OMG i'm *SO* going to tell DBF that that is the ONLY reason he beats me every time...

Here are a few pictures from the park to show the low crowds last week. First three are MK at park opening on Wednesday, fourth is the same morning, bridge to Tomorrow Land where we were first in line for Space Mountain.
a10.jpg

a12.jpg

a14.jpg

a22.jpg

Photos 5 and 6 were later that same morning, around 10am. Talk about "ghost town"!!!
IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

:confused: We haven't been on TSM yet. It's either had too long a wait, the fastpasses were gone, or the ride was shut down. Now I feel like I am missing out on the joke!! I will HAVE to go on TSM when we are in WDW in Oct. to find out what's so funny- I don't like feeling left out:mad:

Wow - on our trip MK was only close to being that empty around midnight during EMH!

Just a "head's up" for you Northerners (from an ex-NYer). The reason that the crowds are so light at the end of August is because in FLorida, kids go back to school at least 2 weeks before Labor Day. This year our kids went back August 22, I heard some from Jax went back earlier than that. So if the heat doesn't bother you, I would think late August before your school year starts would be a good time to avoid crowds.

Toy Story: waited in line for 46 minutes (better then standing outside in the pouring rain!) for a 5 minute ride that made my DH feel "dirty". Seriously. Didn't the imagineers try the ride out before they put it in production, men truly have an advantage if you know what I mean! DS loved it so it was worth waiting for.

OMG!! I thought that exact thing when I rode TSM!!!!! DH and DS rode in one car and I rode in another alone and I couldn't play it very well at all, I kept thinking that this game was so inappropriate. LOL :rotfl:

Ariel Rocks!!!:lmao: So does your report. Tooo Funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Just a "head's up" for you Northerners (from an ex-NYer). The reason that the crowds are so light at the end of August is because in FLorida, kids go back to school at least 2 weeks before Labor Day. This year our kids went back August 22, I heard some from Jax went back earlier than that. So if the heat doesn't bother you, I would think late August before your school year starts would be a good time to avoid crowds.

In Atlanta, we started August 1 this year. Yeesh.

OMG! That was so funny! :rotfl2: At first I thought, "Noooo... I must be misunderstanding...." Then I read the rest of the posts and was thankful it wasn't just me and my dirty mind! I do love F!, but I can see your point... just do me a favor...if you ever make it to Disneyland, see it there it really is a whole different experience and a much better show there, IMO. I fell in love with it at DL, but not as much as WDW.

DH and I have ridden TSM twice and I am totally in the dark here. I guess the joke went right over my head :confused3

I am sure your DH will allow you to practice to get into shape for your next visit to Toy Story. ;)

:rotfl2:

Later,
Dan

Great I've never ridden this yet and now I am going to be the embarrassed 35 yr old sitting w her mom on the ride wondering if she is thinking this cause I will be now. :rotfl:

This is so funny!

I actually love the ride but I'm glad someone else said this. When I complained that I didn't do as well despite having a much much higher accuracy score was because he could pull the cord much faster due to practice he claimed that it wasn't the same muscles at all and that I was just being dirty.

:rotfl2: This is making me :rotfl2:
I'm sorry to be "dirty", BUT the first time DH& I rode TSM, he scored like, 22,000 to my 6,000..(Not those numbers, but you get the drift!)

I believe we had a similar conversation! :happytv:
When we ride in october, I am sending DH on with my Dad...I will ride alone! LOL

:confused: We haven't been on TSM yet. It's either had too long a wait, the fastpasses were gone, or the ride was shut down. Now I feel like I am missing out on the joke!! I will HAVE to go on TSM when we are in WDW in Oct. to find out what's so funny- I don't like feeling left out:mad:

DH and I have ridden TSM twice and I am totally in the dark here. I guess the joke went right over my head :confused3

Let's just say, wrist action is the key to a great score.;)

I will NEVER look at Toy Story Mania the same way again. ROFL!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I know right:lmao::lmao:

BTW
Great report OP!!
I always wondered about DH's high scores:confused3
Mystery solved;)
Sounds like you had a great trip.
I never thought of August because I just assumed it would be swarming with last minute summer break vacations. The weather doesn't bother us because our Sept. weather sounds pretty similar.
Also, TY for reminding me about easyWDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter