• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What I do to make Disney special for son..

dedala

Believes in the Magic, experienced it 1st hand 9/
Every once in a while I come up with an idea that I think is so great so I thought I'd share.
I am really trying to share my love of Disney to my kids (John 4) & (Zack 6mths). I already got my DH hooked on his 1st trip (he was 26) anyhoo...
My 4 y/o was having a tuff time sleeping in his own bed by himself so one day while searching Disney websites it came to me . "Mickey " sends him a monthly letter every month until our November trip. This month Mickey told him how he too had trouble sleeping all alone in his room so he sent him a window cling for him to hang in his window so Mickey will always be there for him, and a lollipop & a maze (Johns favorite)
Mickey also mentioned how he cannot wait to meet ZAck on his 1st trip in November...IT WORKED, since the letter came No more nightime fears (for now atleast)
I also buy Mickey stuff all year long to put in a huge gift bag in our hotel room from the Mouse himself (idea I got from these boards) Last year when my sn sw Mickey for the 1st time he said .."hey! Thanks for the stuff"
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Isn't it amazing how our children respond better to "outside" influences better than their parents! Great idea using Mickey to help your son feel better about night time.

Now here is my idea: We made a paper chain to count down the days before our trip- To make it special for Disney we decorated them (my DD is only 3 so drawings are just scribbles) and I wrote the names of different attractions at Disney(since this is my DDs first trip). I also wrote things like the pool, hotel (now the cabin) airplane. Each day when we take a chain down we talk about the topic on the chain and sometimes look on the computer for pictures or in our photo albums or souvenir booksfrom past Disney trips. We had to start the chain 60 days out because there were so many things to write on the chains!

-Meredith

Great idea!!! Making a chain today, now I have an "excuse" to talk about our trip everyday....since I do anyway...heheheheeheh
Thanks for sharing:D

I needed another excuse to talk about our trip, too! My husband has been banning all trip planning talk lately-which is driving me crazy-must be the reason I am spending so much time on these boards. Anyways his ban has been sabotaged because now my DD-3 talks about Disney non-stop and my DD-15 months keeps requesting to watch the Disney Vacation Planning video! Three against one-we win!

My hubby tried that too a few times, he said if we "peak" our excitment too soon it "takes away" from the excitement later...freak ....there is no way I can go a day let alone months with out talking, planning or being excited about our Disney trips....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter