What hotels do you recommend?

DisneyDad1736

Mouseketeer
We might be going to Disneyland next summer for 3 days with a 2yo and a 1yo. Just wondering what hotels would you recommend? So far we’re looking into the Home2 Suites, Best western across the street and Howard Johnson. Also looking into the Disneyland hotel but the price is pretty steep, is that worth it? Is the Paradise pier hotel worth the price and close to the parks as well?

The closer the better honestly because we will probably have to go back to the hotel for a few hours for naps. The hotels on property are pretty expensive though and idk if we could justify that cost lol. Thank you!

We might be going to Disneyland next summer for 3 days with a 2yo and a 1yo. Just wondering what hotels would you recommend? So far we’re looking into the Home2 Suites, Best western across the street and Howard Johnson. Also looking into the Disneyland hotel but the price is pretty steep, is that worth it? Is the Paradise pier hotel worth the price and close to the parks as well?

The closer the better honestly because we will probably have to go back to the hotel for a few hours for naps. The hotels on property are pretty expensive though and idk if we could justify that cost lol. Thank you!
If you decide on a non Disney hotel, I have found the earlier you book the less the nightly rate is.

For ease of going to and from the parks, close is important.
I would go with one of the places on Harbor near the crosswalk.
1651376889352.png

Definitely the home2 suites. It’s new. The rooms are large in that chain. It’s a shortish walk for a suite. Although when I called it doesn’t sound like they have 1 or 2 bedroom suites like the homewood suites. It’s a 20 min walk but that’s where we decided to stay. It’s our usual.

I will consider paradise pier in the future based on how expensive they make it with the entrance into DCA.

We just booked Home2 Suites for the first time. Our past trips we have either stayed at the Candy Cane Inn or the Grand Californian. On property was worth it for me when we could still get the grand for the $400-450 range. I can't see spending more than that for on property, especially the Paradise Pier which is just as much of a walk as all the off property hotels. The Home2 has large rooms and is the newest hotel near Disney. We're going to try it out and see.

We just booked Home2 Suites for the first time. Our past trips we have either stayed at the Candy Cane Inn or the Grand Californian. On property was worth it for me when we could still get the grand for the $400-450 range. I can't see spending more than that for on property, especially the Paradise Pier which is just as much of a walk as all the off property hotels. The Home2 has large rooms and is the newest hotel near Disney. We're going to try it out and see.
We got a really good rate for the Home2 suites if the grandparents come too. Can’t really beat the price

Definitely the home2 suites. It’s new. The rooms are large in that chain. It’s a shortish walk for a suite. Although when I called it doesn’t sound like they have 1 or 2 bedroom suites like the homewood suites. It’s a 20 min walk but that’s where we decided to stay. It’s our usual.

I will consider paradise pier in the future based on how expensive they make it with the entrance into DCA.
Question about the walk from the Home 2 Suites...are you able to cut through the parking lots behind the hotel toward McDonalds to get to Harbor? Or do you have to walk up Manchester and around Mimi's to turn onto Harbor? It's difficult to tell in Google Maps...even w/aerial view.

Question about the walk from the Home 2 Suites...are you able to cut through the parking lots behind the hotel toward McDonalds to get to Harbor? Or do you have to walk up Manchester and around Mimi's to turn onto Harbor? It's difficult to tell in Google Maps...even w/aerial view.
You cannot cut through. Which is a real bummer! The walk still is quite short.

I'd check out the Courtyard on Harbor too. We booked there for this summer because of the room size and layout (separate shower and bathtubs in every bathroom), plus the waterpark that's probably more appropriate than a pool for our toddler.

This video is great it shows the walk from Home2 to Disney.

We always pick Hojo. I prefer interior corridors, so that eliminates a lot of the walking distance Harbor choices from my consideration. Hojo is a good walking distance. Rooms are clean with comfortable beds. Grounds are well kept. Staff is excellent. For those with young kids, the water play area is a fun option. The garden pool is a good size and not one of those parking lot pools that I find unappealing.

As mentioned below, no shortcut directly from the hotel to McDonald’s or any other property along Harbor. However, as seen in the video, you can cut through the Mimi’s parking lot. It ain’t much but every second counts.

Some other folks have pointed out you can also cross Harbor at the Mimi’s and walk down Harbor away from more of the crowds. We didn’t try that but might next visit.

Some other folks have pointed out you can also cross Harbor at the Mimi’s and walk down Harbor away from more of the crowds. We didn’t try that but might next visit.
I was thinking of doing that seems like a more pleasant spot to cross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter