what have your deceased relatives missed you doing?

Being there when my dgd was born. Well …. Not sure who out there believes in paranormal but whatever. I was with my dd with the gender reveal sonogram. I felt a hand on my shoulder when no one else was there I think it was my dad.

Well, this is depressing.
Three of my four Grandparents never knew I existed. They passed years before I was born, in the case of two of them 36 years before.
My dad never got to see me grow up since he passed when I was 9.
My mom never got to see me become a Grandfather.
Most of the above the result of my parents being older when I was born.

what have your deceased relatives missed you doing?​

Graduating, getting married, having kids.

Seeing their grandson graduate law school, just like cousin a few years back, seeing our new home across the country, seeing the new grandbabies, engagement, so much missed RIP

My Dad didn’t get to see me marry my husband or the birth of 3 of my children.

My mom didn’t get to see the birth of my youngest. She died when my 3rd child was 4 months old.

I definitely feel like my kids and I were robbed. But I was blessed to have my parents as long as I did. My parents were wonderful loving parents and grandparents. My husband says he was robbed of a FIL.

My MIL always said I would only have girls. She died in 2016. Three years later my son was born.

My step dad (who was more of a father to me than my bio dad) died when I was 18 so he's missed me graduating high school, university, getting married and meeting his two granddaughters :(

Technically nothing they are dead, unless you believe the dead are still able to experience the living. But, had my parents lived longer, they would have been able to experience my son's daughter.

Nothing. I really haven’t done anything since my parents passed in 2016 and 2017. Fortunately they were both still living when our 3 granddaughters were born. They have missed out on the birth of my sibling’s 3 grandchildren though.

My grandfather has missed the most in our lives. Since his death when I was 16, I've been the 1st person in the family to graduate from college. I got married, divorced and remarried (I think he actually would have liked both of the guys I married). I have a daughter, bought a house and a successful job.

Most of it would be a huge disappointment to them. I did wait until they passed to leave it all behind but my life now would cause them all sorts of turmoil which is the reason I waited.

My daddy, who was my best friend, died in 2020. He knew my son only as a 2.5 year old; he'd love everything he was doing now - they have such similar interests. It's heartbreaking he's not here to see how amazing his grandson is. :(

Luckily, becoming estranged from my sisters.

My mom has sadly missed a lot. Missed me graduating from Nursing school, starting my career, meeting my husband and seeing me me married, the birth of both my children and therefore them getting to know her. 😢 My dad died 7 years ago so he hasn’t missed much.

My entire adulthood as Dad passed the following morning that I came home from a trip to DC with my schooling.

I was lucky to have 2 good men in my life after that to look up to. My girlfriend's dad at the time and then a few years later my father-in-law from my 17 year marriage. He's still in my life a good bit after divorce as is her entire family.

But obviously, they still couldn't come close to filling that hole in my heart for the past 30 years.

My father died when I was 13, and my siblings were 10, 5, and 4, so basically he missed our entire lives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter