What have you had to cancel due to Coronavirus?

Trip to Curacao.

A gallbladder-ec-tomy.

And I'm giving up a week so that I can drive to Florida and back to retrieve my friend. She's still somewhat immune compromised even 2 years after ending chemo so the fam and I decided to move her in with us for the next 2 months (we asked her first, it's not a kidnapping)

And I'm giving up an adult in a wheelchair sized portion of my very small house (900 sq. ft) for two months. It's sort of getting on towards spring so I'm actually thinking of moving the kids out onto the yacht I have in my back yard. It would be nice to get them out of the house.

And ... the kids' music lessons.

And ... I have 3 special projects (besides my friend's chair) that I'm working on for $$ and all my clients are health compromised and I'm this || close to wrapping all three jobs but all need final fit-n-function testing that just has to be done face to face.

And 3 of my normal gigs (architectural metal art) canceled and all want their deposits back, which I'll do even though I bought material for two of the jobs, because I'd get crap-listed if I don't; so I'm basically paying them not to do their job.

It's just been a weird last couple weeks. Busy not doing anything. Stressed about stuff I literally can do nothing about (I try to live my Stoic self but... oof). Feeling rotten because helping the 2nd coolest adult human being I know requires driving for 5 days and I kinda don't want to do it.

Oh yeah, and now we just find out that the last week of distance learning the school has been providing our kids won't be counted by the state as fulfilling their educational day requirement. We're all truant now in a sense. So there's a puzzle to work through during the 1200 mile drive.

If anyone hears a repetitive thonking sound, like a well seasoned axe handle hitting a shin bone over and over, that's just how my head and the desktop get along these days.

I don’t ‘like’ this news but I don’t know how to ‘like’ with a sad emoji. Beyond my technological ability.,
Hold down the like button for more than just a tap, and then several emojis will pop up. One will be the typical "like" emoji, but then you'll also see the sad emoji, love emoji, etc. Then you'll be able to tap the one you want to use.

My doctor cancelled a routine office visit because she was sick. I hope she does not have the coronavirus. I will reschedule in another month, if the "stay at home order" is not still in effect.

My student son is back from Ecuador. A nightmare to book flight, get to the airport and touch and go whether the aeroplane would be allowed to land and leave but he has just made it to London. Good luck to everyone else dealing with cancelled flights and plans.

DDs last hockey tournament of the
My job for now
Hair appt
DDs school
All organized sports

We have a trip to San Diego and Disneyland planned for August. We’re still holding out hope that will still happen but at this point who knows? We’re fully prepared for the fact that it may not.:guilty:

Kiss Concert, postponed until October
Disney trip rescheduled for June
My son’s school, he is a Senior, so who knows about graduation.
Hair appointment
Orthodontist appointment
A coworker of my husband canceled their wedding, It was in April.
Probably will cancel Easter at my parents, they are over 70, don’t want them getting sick.

I had not booked yet, but plans were in place of dropping my mother off at friends' and going to Ocean City to ride my bicycle a couple days. Back to pick mom up spending the day and night with the friends. He was Dad's best friend growing up and Mom and her were in the hospital pregnant together. I was born and a day later Jennifer was born. Seems like it was in the making and I should be saying we've been married now for years but she left us around 5 or 6 years old.

Not afraid of the virus. Don't know if anything will be up and running to eat and such. Other than eating (which I could carry my own food, I tour carrying around 100 lb on a bicycle is easy) I would be by myself just riding along for pretty much the whole time. I could even camp and keep away from hotels if I wanted to.

Other than that, I was thinking of Myrtle Beach with the kids but nothing was set. Probably won't do that. Other travels tentatively planned were mostly motorcycle riding with primitive camping (read as not at commercial sites around others.)

I had to cancel/modify two Delta flights home until May 1st instead of March 1st because I was worried about what I saw on the news and I did not want to fly during COVID-19 warnings. I can not drive either by renting a car.

I was lucky because of cancelations, the resort offered me a very discounted monthly rate.

I'm retired so I thought that staying in Panama City Beach, Florida in a beachfront highrise looking out the ocean was better than staying in my Atlanta, Georgia apartment.

I haven't been to the beach, but up until last night, the beaches have been full of young people since March 1st and seemed to double in size each succeeding week.

At 7:00 PM CST last night the beach was completely closed.

This afternoon not one single person is on the beach.

Every now and then I will see the police truck patrolling the beach and a police boat crossing close to the beach,

They mean business. The previous day, TV News was showing very large and apparently drunk college-age groups refusing to not to stay so close to each and jokingly refusing the police units on site.

The PCB & Bay County government said in an emergency meeting because of this, they made the decision to close the beaches and bars.

I will miss dining at Pineapple Willy's on their pier and their weekly music venues.

https://pwillys.com/

They also closed all dine-in restaurants. The restaurants could offer TO GO or delivery, but no sitting outside dining.

For instance, PCB Pineapple Willy's closed today but decided to stay closed instead of offering to-go menus because no one could dine at their outside tables like on their pier. Alcohol drinks were never allowed off property unless the restaurant offered the smaller bottles of alcohol that could be added by the customer at their own risk.

I always thought that was interesting when I asked;

Now, that type of item is also banded.

Waffle House dining is closed, but you can call and they will hand you your to-go order through the front door.

I usually cook in my PCB studio, but the nearby 24-hour Walmart Grocery has changed to a 7:00 AM CST opening. And on Tuesday, they offer a one-hour opening for seniors only, I'll roll down in my wheelchair there to restock groceries.

I feel so bad for those that have lost their jobs or have worried about family getting sick or worried they may lose their homes.

I hope I made the right decision to stay,

I'm not sick.

I hope none of your family gets sick.

I had to cancel/modify two Delta flights home until May 1st instead of March 1st because I was worried about what I saw on the news and I did not want to fly during COVID-19 warnings. I can not drive either by renting a car.
I'm retired so I thought that staying in Panama City Beach, Florida in a beachfront highrise looking out the ocean was better than staying in my Atlanta, Georgia apartment.
Well I have managed to knit a silk purse out of a sow's ear this week. And maybe I can do you a solid.

I'm supposed to be driving down to Orlando to pick up my friend Aisling and bring her back to Michigan for the next month or whatever it takes. She's still a bit immune compromised following cancer treatment. She lives alone and gets by just fine but that's before everything went nuts and I get down to visit once or twice a month.

It's 20 solid hours of driving just to get there and I hate driving. Just hate it. Wife works from home but needs to be steady on her home office, so she's no help. Been dreading this day all weekend. Then, yesterday we were talking about paying the housekeeper not to come, expecting Michigan to get shut down within the next day or so (surprise, that dropped today). We found out most of her clients had canceled because of the virus. So we were just going to pay her on her normal twice a month schedule regardless in hopes that it would be enough to keep her solvent through this.

Eureka moment... dig into my petty cash drawer... and now I have a chauffeuse to do the driving down and back. This is living.

Long story, short... We'll be rolling right through Atlanta on our way home Thursday. Swinging out to Panama City would add 4 hours to our trip but if you need to get home I'll make it work.

Canceled so far:
  • DD's Grad Bash trip to Universal Orlando
  • 4 - day trip to Key West with relatives from out of state
  • DD's 18th birthday party
  • DW's retirement celebration on May 31
Pending, with all looking very doubtful:
  • Prom - late May
  • Graduation - late May
  • College Orientation for both parents and DD - early June
  • 2 - week bucket list non-cruise vacation to Alaska - late June

Spring break trip to WDW
Daughters final winter guard competition and championship competition for the season
Our sons Cub Scout camping trip
Daughters Scout BSA camporee
Mine and DHs WDW trip for Star Wars race weekend...and my 19.1 miles of running
Our Girl Scout camping trip
Girl Scout field trip to the Apple Store
Local 10k race
Sons 9th birthday party
Kids school and subsequent events (field days, spring concerts for both DDs orchestra programs)
Daughters orchestra trip to Atlanta

Hi, cobright.

Awww! That is so nice of you to offer and to go out of your way to come to PCB and take me back to Atlanta.

Thank you very much.

And what a good friend you are to drive down to Orlando to pick up your friend, Aisling and to take her back to Michigan.

I have decided to stay here in this studio until May 1st since it seems more relaxing and probably better than staying in my Atlanta apartment and I was able to modify my flight back for$80.00.

Even though the beach and resort amenities like the pools are closed, I still have my balcony. I can't walk on the sand anyway, but I can use my wheelchair to get around.

Thank you again for your gracious offer.

Well I have managed to knit a silk purse out of a sow's ear this week. And maybe I can do you a solid.

I'm supposed to be driving down to Orlando to pick up my friend Aisling and bring her back to Michigan for the next month or whatever it takes. She's still a bit immune compromised following cancer treatment. She lives alone and gets by just fine but that's before everything went nuts and I get down to visit once or twice a month.

It's 20 solid hours of driving just to get there and I hate driving. Just hate it. Wife works from home but needs to be steady on her home office, so she's no help. Been dreading this day all weekend. Then, yesterday we were talking about paying the housekeeper not to come, expecting Michigan to get shut down within the next day or so (surprise, that dropped today). We found out most of her clients had canceled because of the virus. So we were just going to pay her on her normal twice a month schedule regardless in hopes that it would be enough to keep her solvent through this.

Eureka moment... dig into my petty cash drawer... and now I have a chauffeuse to do the driving down and back. This is living.

Long story, short... We'll be rolling right through Atlanta on our way home Thursday. Swinging out to Panama City would add 4 hours to our trip but if you need to get home I'll make it work.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter