What have you changed about your home this year?

Whole house interior painted from top to bottom. New doors, new metal roof, gutters and leaf guards. New deck and ramp. Total master bath remodel, new wood floor in the kitchen. New tv in the master bedroom, new shower in second bath. If it needed doing, it got done.

Nothing. We remodeled 10 years ago after living in the house 30 years at that time. Hope to go another 20 without changing a thing.

We redid our kitchen. We refaced our kitchen cabinets and have new backsplash. We also painted the kitchen/ family room. Oh and a new dining set.

Bought it.
  • Moved laundry into bedroom (was in detached garage with burst pipes, so unusable)
  • New stove & fridge (no fridge included, the old stove probably from 1950 & had duct tape...)
  • Fixed leaky shower
  • Fixed water damaged floor next to leaky shower
  • Removed nonfunctional rust-bucket wall heater from 1950
  • New 75" TV!
  • Removed trash compactor (also prob from 1950)
  • Replaced bathroom fan (from 1950) with new to allow actual venting
  • Switched from rusty furnace & 1950 oil tank to new heat pump system
So, yeah.

— We had a new sump pump installed & had the drain rerouted across the yard.
— Got our old blacktop driveway replaced with concrete & expanded.
— Our old fridge died, got a new one so close to it you can’t tell the difference. 😂
— Removed the paneling in our stairway & upstairs hallway a few weeks ago. We hired professional painters that will repair the wall, remove the popcorn ceilings & paint everything. We’re also replacing all the upstairs doors. We decided to wait til after the holidays, so they’re starting work on January 15.
— Contracted with a remodeler to redo our upstairs bathroom. Made all our selections, but the company is scheduling about a year out, so the work won’t be done til next fall.
— Oh, also had to get a new vacuum.

DW - changed our original 10 yo builders grade light fixtures in the dining area, front entry way and kitchen nook to matching set of beaded hanging chandeliers from Wayfair,

Me - I had a HDTV antenna installed inside my garage and ditched YTTV for Sling Blue, with an AirTV2 to integrate our antenna channels into the Sling Guide.

Had old wooden privacy fence removed. Got large brown river rock and black metal edging landscaping around perimeter of home = no maintenance (hooray!).

electrical-

whole house surge protector
replaced garage/laundry/walk in closet w/led lighting
all new fire/carbon monoxide alarms throughout

plumbing-

2 new spigots (why building code does not require at least one on each exterior side of a home floors me)

other-

new oven/stove (project from 2022 that was delayed)
new dishwasher (came 'free' :rotfl: w/new oven/stove)
new hot tub
deck reinforcement, refinishing/sealing-and removed all the spindles to replace with wire (my gosh what a difference-opens up the view AND will save so much on future upkeep).

so far on 2024's list-

gutters and repair/replacement of some of the wood immediatly below.

I bought 2 of Starck’s Ghost Louis side chairs. Only sold in pairs despite needing one. Maybe I’ll sell the other one 🤷🏽‍♀️
Won’t be here until the first months of 2024.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter