What has happened to Goofy's Kitchen with character dining?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I first began eating at Goofy's Kitchen every Disneyland trip since 1998 and when I had gone there it was a fun place where you could meet every single Disney character you could think of and the food was great. But I have read that Goofy's Kitchen has gone downhill since 2006 and I would like to know what Goofy's Kitchen has done to it's character dining? Take for instance I can't figure out why Goofy's Kitchen did away with the character variety and now when you eat a character breakfast or dinner it seems that The Fab Five are the main characters now at Goofy's Kitchen and Goofy is only seen for photos and autographs at the restaurant entrance. Is this the start of a new format for Goofy's Kitchen character dining or just a temporary thing? Because when I first ate at Goofy's Kitchen people could meet a variety of characters ranging from Snow White Aladdin and Jasmine Baloo Alice In Wonderland The Mad Hatter Mary Poppins and Goofy's son Max but ever since the variety format of characters disappeared I think it made Goofy's Kitchen's prices go high. What I think Goofy's Kitchen should do is bring back the character variety format like they used to have and have more interactive games for everyone like a cake walk or Simon Says because another thing that people used to do was dance the Macarena with the characters and I always thought it was a joy to see people do that but ever since the pandemic Goofy's Kitchen stopped doing this and has replaced it with something else. If Goofy's Kitchen brought back the character variety format I'm sure the prices for Goofy's Kitchen would be lowered

why would the price be lowered by changing the characters??
If you want a variety of characters the Plaza Inn Breakfast with Minnie has you sorted.
They regularly change characters and have a good variety each day.

I ate there a few weeks ago and saw Minnie, Daisy, Pluto, Chip, Dale, Pooh and Tigger.

The prices went up not because they changed characters, but because everything has had a price increase.

I was there in May 2022 for Breakfast, and it was around $62 ( Tax Included) for breakfast. I did get a free picture with Goofy, so that was nice..

Along with Goofy, Minnie, Chip & Dale, and Pluto ( I may have missed someone) walked around and greeted people.

I first began eating at Goofy's Kitchen every Disneyland trip since 1998 and when I had gone there it was a fun place where you could meet every single Disney character you could think of and the food was great. But I have read that Goofy's Kitchen has gone downhill since 2006 and I would like to know what Goofy's Kitchen has done to it's character dining? Take for instance I can't figure out why Goofy's Kitchen did away with the character variety and now when you eat a character breakfast or dinner it seems that The Fab Five are the main characters now at Goofy's Kitchen and Goofy is only seen for photos and autographs at the restaurant entrance. Is this the start of a new format for Goofy's Kitchen character dining or just a temporary thing?
When was the last time you ate at Goofy's? It has had this format since at least 2015, and it isn't the Fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald.) It is Goofy at the entrance, welcoming you to his restaurant, usually Minnie, Pluto, Chip and Dale, with a couple other characters that rotate.

We have ate at goofys Kitchen since 2013 maybe 2011 and I do recall maybe peter pan or one or two other characters being there in 2013 but all other times it has been just goofy at the picture except when they had chef mickey and Minnie, pluto chip and dale.

If I want variety of characters I go to minnies,

The random character mix is over at the Plaza Inn character breakfast, and has been for almost 10 years now.

Ate here a few weeks back. Its goofy, minnie, chip, Dale, pluto. They all walk around and id say every so often (maybe 60 mins) they all a parade together through the restraunt. Its a good buffet, lots of selections. We there around 11am and had both full breakfast and full lunch out plus lots of desserts.

I completely understand your frustration; I would do Goofy's almost every visit too because I'm not huge on breakfast and could get a great mix of characters. My ex even got to dance with Cinderella once. Unfortunately, as some previous posters mentioned, it did change somewhere around 2014/2015 and IMO is no longer worth the large price tag. I'd rather do Minnie's and get the good mix of characters for a cheaper price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter