• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What has happened to CBS's Let's Make A Deal?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Ever since I discovered that Wayne Brady was the voice of Clover on Disney's Sofia The First I began watching Let's Make A Deal on CBS just to see Wayne Brady host and it was great fun to see Clover as a human host a game show and it turned me into a Wayne Brady fan and now I can't figure out why Let's Make A Deal is still surviving on CBS and I think it has started to go downhill and I don't know why? I think CBS wanted to add another daytime game show so they could focus on another game show besides The Price Is Right and if watched CBS's Let's Make A Deal you'll notice that they have copied The Price Is Right with Wayne Brady like Drew Carey and Jonathan Magnum is trying to be like Rod Roddy and it doesn't feel like the original Monty Hall Let's Make A Deal. Another thing I noticed is that some of the games they choose to make deals with contestants are cool but some games are weird. Take for instance they have the Go For A Spin game and almost single player that plays that game seems to get zonked ALL the time and I can't figure out why this game exists. Another game I liked but find it creepy and scary is the Good News Bad News game and I don't know why they have to dress Wayne up like a fortune teller and when I have seen this game Wayne reminds me of the shadowman in The Princess And The Frog and I find that so scary. What I also dislike about this CBS version is how one contestant is allowed to play The Big Deal Of The Day? Because if you watched the Monty Hall version of Let's Make A Deal the big deal always had two contestants playing for the big deal but why they changed The Big Deal Of The Day in the CBS Let's Make A Deal i'll never know. I think ever since Guiding Light ended and CBS chose Let's Make A Deal because they thought it would bring huge ratings for CBS but I think CBS is making Let's Make A Deal really huge by making special theme weeks like Super Deal Week and special episodes and even nighttime episodes as well so I think the reason is because Let's Make A Deal hopes to be as big as The Price Is Right for CBS

I like the show. I'm sure CBS didn't want to exactly copy the original show so they just made a few changes when they brought it back, like only 1 contestant at the end. Ever since it was brought back, Jonathan and Tiffany have played a part in the show, not just background props. I like the show, The whole point of the show is taking a chance, they can't have all easy games. And if it's a hard game they're playing, it's most likely for a car, which they aren't going to make too easy to win. I think it's fun it's a fun show and Wayne Brady is a really good host.

Never really like Let's Make a Deal even the older version. Constestants never win very much and most seem to get 'zonked' and win nothing. Price is Right always gave away far more prizes and more fun to watch. Don't care for W. Brady as the host since it has become too much of a comedy routine for him and his 2 sidekicks. Their schtick gets old after awhile. The best game shows are the ones where you can also play along and the host doesn't try to be the star of the show and just blends into the background.

Last edited:

The show is entertaining enough, but the games on LMAD seem so hard to win, and they are all basically just guessing, Like, in The Price is Right, there is some level of knowledge or skill applied. there is a luck element too, but it just feels like the games are more logical and there are more winners too.

I agree and laugh at those contestants who say they always watch The Price as Right and then seem to have NO idea how to play the game. The one where you uncover the first/last numbers on the price of a car always have THREE choices for the first number. Still amazed how many people don't realize that. You want to get the first 2 numbers of the car price so you have more picks left for the last 2 numbers. Or that $100,000 pay the rent game where you will never win by putting the lowest priced item in the mailbox. You need to pair that up with one of the other floors so you the top floor item is the most expensive. I always wonder what the people are thinking when the 4 people are bidding to get on stage. If someone bids $1,000...............then it makes NO sense for someone else to bid $999..........do they even think about what they are bidding? If you are the first to bid, it also makes NO sense to bid $1 as the other three can easily bid $2 or some higher amount. Bidding $1 as that LAST bidder makes sense if you think the other three have overbid.

I agree and laugh at those contestants who say they always watch The Price as Right and then seem to have NO idea how to play the game. The one where you uncover the first/last numbers on the price of a car always have THREE choices for the first number. Still amazed how many people don't realize that. You want to get the first 2 numbers of the car price so you have more picks left for the last 2 numbers. Or that $100,000 pay the rent game where you will never win by putting the lowest priced item in the mailbox. You need to pair that up with one of the other floors so you the top floor item is the most expensive. I always wonder what the people are thinking when the 4 people are bidding to get on stage. If someone bids $1,000...............then it makes NO sense for someone else to bid $999..........do they even think about what they are bidding? If you are the first to bid, it also makes NO sense to bid $1 as the other three can easily bid $2 or some higher amount. Bidding $1 as that LAST bidder makes sense if you think the other three have overbid.

Speaking of TPIR, one game that I have a strategy that so many people miss is Cover Up. All you have to do is get the first one right, then intentionally throw the rest so that you can eliminate more of the later numebrs with more choices. Continue and place what you should now KNOW is the second number, and do the same. It's not a guaranteed win, but it definitely helps you out.

Pay the Rent is a HARD game though, but you're right. You have to have a plan for all floors, and the least expensive thing does NOT go in the mailbox.

I agree about cover-up. The first number for the car usually includes something like 2 & 5 and unless it's dream car week, likely NOT a 5. Getting that right gives you another chance for the other numbers. Picking what is mostly likely NOT the 2nd number on the first try is a good plan. I do laugh at those asking the audience for the input on the other numbers which are basically random as they could be most anything...........LOL. The audience doesn't know the 4th number any better then the contestant.

In every game I have seen, putting the LEAST expensive item in the mailbox guarantees you are NOT going to win the $100,000.

it is amazing that more people haven't figured out the system on this game.

OMG, I thought I was the only one who thinks this about the exact 2 games you're talking about on TPIR!!!!😂 Think people, think!! The mountain climber is also another game I don't know how people lose at. The prices usually start between $20-30 and go up $5-10 for each item.

I'm another one who laughs (or rolls my eyes) when people say they watch all the time. So why did you not know what to do after your spin on the wheel? I think: 1. I'm a little too critical; and 2. I watch these shows way too much!

A co-worker won a European Vacation on LMD. Funny because she worked as an on air person for the ABC station here, and her husband worked at the NBC station. Normally the CBS station here will promote when a local person wins something. They didn't this time!
One of my college roommates was on last year and won a "new kitchen", fridge, stove and dishwasher. Only thing he kept was the dishwasher. The fridge was too tall to fit in the space in his kitchen, and the stove was gas and he has an all electric home.

OMG, I thought I was the only one who thinks this about the exact 2 games you're talking about on TPIR!!!!😂 Think people, think!! The mountain climber is also another game I don't know how people lose at. The prices usually start between $20-30 and go up $5-10 for each item.

I'm another one who laughs (or rolls my eyes) when people say they watch all the time. So why did you not know what to do after your spin on the wheel? I think: 1. I'm a little too critical; and 2. I watch these shows way too much!

They say that when you actually get up on the stage that it can be overwhelming and hard to think. It all goes really fast and sometimes people can't think it through. I get that - but I still roll my eyes when people make those dumb mistakes.

The one I groan at on TPIR is Ten Chances, where you write the prices on pads with markers. Every. Single. Price. Ends in Zero. Writing $605, or $30,695 is a guaranteed miss. It will always be like $650, or $36,950. Always.

The one I groan at on TPIR is Ten Chances, where you write the prices on pads with markers. Every. Single. Price. Ends in Zero. Writing $605, or $30,695 is a guaranteed miss. It will always be like $650, or $36,950. Always.
I like when they do $954 or $102 😳🤣

I remember reading that a person got to spin the wheel only problem was she was on disability from work after having shoulder surgery and here she was giving the wheel a big spin. Somehow she was found out

I perfer the 80's The All-New Let's Make A Deal with Monty Hall which Buzzr brought back in reruns and that version is so much better than Wayne Brady's Let's Make A Deal and you could tell Monty Hall had a lot of fun doing The All-New Let's Make A Deal back in the 80's. But i'm surprised that Wayne Brady's LMAD has even gotten it's own channel on Pluto TV and it's very cool and it shows that CBS has high hopes to continue LMAD for years to come

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter