What has better odds, hitting the powerball or getting a cabana on Castaway Cay?

ALK$Disney

Mouseketeer
So next April we will be going on our second cruise with Disney. We are doing the 7 night eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy. What are our chances of getting a cabana on Castaway Cay as silver cruisers? I hear the chances are slim to none. Any ideas or tips on how we might be able to get lucky? Thanks in advance for tips or ideas!

Chances are slightly better if you want a cabana at Serenity Bay. Checked in tonight at 90 days as a silver and there was a cabana left at SB. All the family beach cabanas were taken though.

Chances are slightly better if you want a cabana at Serenity Bay. Checked in tonight at 90 days as a silver and there was a cabana left at SB. All the family beach cabanas were taken though.

Thanks, we have kids so we would need one on family beach.

Check the DCL site as often as you can. People cancel their cruises or change their minds. If you cannot get hold of one, go to guest services and ask to be put on a wait list. Good luck!

We are silver and we got one for our upcoming cruise... now if only I could win that lottery:D

This status made me laugh because I truly felt the same way!!! This is our 3rd Disney cruise and we were actually in search of 2 cabanas for our larger group.l I had truly given up hope, but miraculously the brand new cabanas on the family beach #18-20 popped up one afternoon and I was able to book #19-20 for our cruise in 2 weeks. Dreams do come true . . . just keep checking and I've read that the getting on the waitlist once you board the ship is also a great way to try and snag a cabana!! Good luck :-)

On our 3rd cruise in 2012, I checked like a maniac everyday, finally about 5/6 weeks before one opened up and I grabbed it.
We now can't go to CC without getting one. Thankfully, we are platinum now so we have a slightly better chance.

Good Luck!!! Don't give up hope :sunny:

Serenity Bay Cabanas seem to be pretty easy to come by these days. We were just there on Friday, and only 3 of the 4 Serenity Bay cabanas were occupied. Our last cruise before that, we were the only ones in a Serenity Bay cabana.

There are only regular 19 cabanas on the Family Beach #'s 1-20 LOL no 13. Then there is the new larger one that holds a larger group. People have posted on these boards that you need to call Disney to book the large cabana. It's just under $1000 for the day YIKES!!

So 19 cabanas 4000 people on the ship the lottery may be better odds.

Thanks for all the responses. We will keeps our expectations low. :( Will have to rush guest services and try to get on that wait list.

I was able to pick a family beach one up for a Fantasy spring break cruise this year. I checked everyday from my gold check-in date until a few days after PIF date and eventually one popped up then. I suspect that a concierge guest switched out of their room at PIF and it eventually released. A concierge room opened up at the same time, so this led me to this assumption.

I have also had luck picking up a family beach one on the Wonder at midnight on my gold opening date.

I've never won the Lotto though.

hope op doesn't mind this piggyback...trying to decide if worth it for our little group of three adults in august. can anyone share their experiences in one? worth it? what is present cost? do you get transported there by cart or do you have to find your own way? chances of booking one gold cc members looking at sb thanks in advance for any info

hope op doesn't mind this piggyback...trying to decide if worth it for our little group of three adults in august. can anyone share their experiences in one? worth it? what is present cost? do you get transported there by cart or do you have to find your own way? chances of booking one gold cc members looking at sb thanks in advance for any info
CABANAS (12/18/14 price Bahamas 7.5% VAT)
Family beach: $549 $590.18
Cabana #21 $ 899 $966.43
Serenity Bay: $399 $420.93

Price includes up to 6 guests on the Family Beach and up to 4 guests on Serenity Bay, additional $50 per person (plus VAT) up to a Maximum of 10 guests. Cabana #21 on Family Beach price is for up to 10 people with a $50 per person additional up to a maximum of 16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter