What has been your most inexplicable injury?

I don't have any injuries like that, but my niece had a hang glider land on her when she was in India. Broke the daylights out of her elbow. She knows what happened, but how do you explain a hang glider landing on you??

I squatted down at work one day to grab something and my knee cap slid out to the side. I could see and feel it off to the side of my knee. It was really weird and it sent that chill up my back. I moved it a bit and it slid back but it hurt for a bit after. I sat down for a few minutes and then went back to work. I have since since several medical shows where this has happened to people and they act as if someone is cutting their leg off, screaming and crying from the pain. The EMTs saying how they see this and it is incredibly painful plus the research that I have done since about it says that it is incredibly painful. Either I have a super high pain tolerance or others have none at all because it hurt, but not that bad. I probably should have played it up and went home from work for the day.

• Sad
Reactions: rlk
I sometimes get cuts and abrasions that I have no idea where they came from. My latest is a "shopping injury" I knocked a bunch of skin off a knuckle because I grabbed a refrigerated Coca Cola cooler door and opened it. It was too close to a display of something else and I hit my knuckle on that and peeled some skin off. It looks kind of gross but it doesn't hurt anymore. It is a small sacrifice for some Starlight Coca Cola Zero Sugar I guess.

I passed out from heat exhaustion while playing mini golf in Tampa when i was about 14/15 years old. Not necessarily inexplicable as it was August and over 100 degrees, but the feeling just came on so quickly that it felt unexpected. One minute I was energetic and happy and the next I was face down in a bush while my firefighter dad force fed me Gatorade for electrolytes.

Right now my right foot (toes/top of foot)is very very bruised. And it doesn't hurt at all and I have no idea why.

I have a young golden retriever and we walk a lot through woodlands, climbing stiles etc., so I always seem to have bruises and scratches. Also, the dog likes carrying sticks, sometimes big sticks (think tree branches) and often runs into the back of my legs with a protruding stick.

Oh, probably 90% of the bruises on my leg I have no clue how they got there.

I also broke a bone in my foot going down stairs. :sad2: 1mm over to the left saved me from surgery.

I had a hole in my rotator cuff tendon and a torn bicep that I just had surgery to repair. I got up one day, my arm was sore, and I couldn't lift my elbow. No clue how it happened.

Twisted my ankle while walking and broke a bone in my foot (fifth metatarsal).

Oh, there was the time I was walking across the nursery, in the dark, and I felt my foot start to step on some pointy edged toy. I proceeded to try to reverse that step (not put my foot down) while forgetting that the other foot was already off the ground. It doesn't work to have both feet off the ground. I broke 2 toes.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I had a huge bruise on my calf that I didn't know where it came from. I'm sure I bumped into something and don't remember. I wore capris to work one day and our safety manager saw it and asked what happened. I told him I had no clue. It just appeared. Well, about a week later I ran into a shelf in a store when turning a corner and banged up my arm. Left a big bruise on the back of my upper arm. I was wearing a short sleeve shirt at work and the same manager asked me what happened to my arm. I told him but he looked and questioned if I was really ok. He thought I was in an abusive situation but I was honestly just clumsy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter