What has been your longest working shift?

We did an tech conversion/install one weekend where I worked from 8am Friday morning straight thru til Sunday evening...not even a real break for meals - they brought in food and I ate at my desk - the shower I had late Sunday night back at the hotel was pure heaven! Then continued working 6am-9pm for the next month or so - including weekends...

A 5 hour morning shift followed (immediately) by an 8 hour evening shift. Yes, they asked me as I was closing up my money drawer if I would stay and work a different area. I thought they just needed someone to cover until the night shift person came in, but they meant "will you work an 8 hour shift?"

As a nurse, I have worked many 12 hours. Until this past December I worked 12 hours shifts rotation . Now I have dropped to part time 8s. So much better! The longest I have worked was 13 hours if on a night during the time change. I never picked up overtime on a 12 has that is enough.

Probably 14 hours. Unfortunately I can remember 3 instances where it was 14 hours a day for a week at a time. Made some serious money in those cases. That was in a Union shop so I got overtime for hours 8-12, double time for hours 12-14, and 2 hours overtime for "short turnaround" for not getting 12 hours between shifts.

18 - 20 hours multiple times during Christmas season when I had my custom frame store - completely exhausting :faint:

Residency. Memories of it make me twitchy.
24 hours and yes, you get stupid and dangerous at the end...

If you count on-call hours, I've worked from 8-4:30 Friday... followed by 60 hours of on-call over the weekend.... followed by 8-4:30 Monday. That's like 70+ hours. It was horrible.
We do half-weekend on-call hours now, which is so much more reasonable. This weekend, I'll be on the clock from Midnight Saturday until 8 a.m. Monday, then will go in and work my regular 8 hour shift on Monday: 40 hours.

Big firm public accounting, in season, overnighter once or so a week not unheard of. Either go home for shower after dawn or just keep extra suit at office.

14 hours

Would go to the office at 8am and then close the Ale House at 9pm, but have to clean and do all the other closing things, so would get out about 10pm

16 hours. For about one year in my 20’s I worked 8-5 and then went to a second job 6-midnight.

I’m exhausted thinking of it now but back then I just did what I had to, to meet the bills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter