What has been your clumsiest Injury?

I couldn't get my birth control pills open (way back in the 80s), so I used a knife. Which promptly slipped and went into my hand, which then required stitches.
Had to call my mother from college and explain my "kitchen accident".

Stepped over a baby gate, fell and broke my shoulder in three places. This was not my first time with broken bones, I am naturally clumsy, lol.

Ok. A few weeks before my wedding, I was prying apart frozen tofu dogs, the knife slipped, and I cut my left hand open across the palm. I knew needed stitches but was home alone. We lived in the city, so my car was a couple blocks away on the street. So I'm walking down Lincoln (big street in Chicago) clutching a blood- soaked kitchen towel over my hand, and NO ONE CARED 😂🤣 Finally as I got near my car, a very nice cop saw me and offered to drive me, which was good because I was about to faint. He's asking me all these questions about what happened to make sure I wasn't attacked or something and I just keep repeating "FROZEN TOFU DOGS" 😂😂 I still had the bandages for my wedding, but no lasting damage. The scar is a reminder of the dumbest injury ever!
I knew there was a reason I don’t like tofu. This is it. But ouch, anyway. That sounds bad.

Oh, so many, and only two NOT dumb and clumsy, but I think the most was...

Last October, walking out the gate to the copy room before school, I realized I didn't have my keys, turned to grab the gate, tripped over my own feet, hit the metal gate with my forehead, bounced back and hit the metal fence with the back of my head splitting it open, and ended up on the ground, locked out, gushing blood (I never knew how much your head bleeds!), no one around (it was before school). All I could do was sit and wait. If I had tried to find help I would have bled everywhere, which you really don't want around a school, and I knew everything was locked anyway so no point. Plus I wasn't feeling so great.

Finally a parent came early to drop off their child and got help. As the paramedics were getting me into the ambulance, head wrapped up like a mummy and blood everywhere, a little guy was walking up to the school with his mom and looked terrified. I said, "Happy Halloween, do you like my costume?" (our parade was going to be the next day). At least he seemed confused instead of scared then.

Boy were my students surprised (and I am glad to say happy) when I came back later that day (once I got out of the hospital and cleaned up). They had been doing a project they were really enjoying and the person who took over my class wouldn't have known what to do! I had to talk the doctor into letting me go back to work that day.

It was way less serious than it looked (the paramedics were afraid I might have crushed my skull, but my big hard head was fine) and I have only minor residuals, unlike some of my other accidents.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter