• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What has been the most remarkable thing a stateroom host/hostess has done for you?

A couple of years ago we were cruising with daughter and her three girls (6, 8, 10 at the time). You can imagine the number of stuffed animals that just "had" to be brought along to experience the trip. Well, a Barbie was included that got a lot of tough love and her head separated from her body one morning and she was left with her friends in a heap on the floor. When the kids returned that afternoon, many of the stuffed critters/characters were circled on the bed around poor Barbie, who was laying in the center recuperating (maybe a wake). Her head was reattached later, but that scene will always be remembered as one of caring and concern for all friends, stuffed or otherwise. Our room steward made this memory happen.

There are many little things that I could mention but the one I remember most was a few years ago when our son was a toddler we had several pairs of shoes, sandalls ect. and we came back to the room one afternoon andn they were all lined up beautifully. I have a pic somewhere I will have to look for it :3dglasses

Haven't cruised yet but loving this thread! Mickey and Minnie sitting on the pillow pet...…….too cute!! I hope people keep sharing because this just makes me smile!!!

On our second cruise, my husband had his birthday. I set up with our stateroom host and the managers at all the places we would be eating that day to have little gifts waiting for him (that I provided them, mostly pins). Everyone went above and beyond, but our stateroom host did the full 'romance' package for our turn down, with the pins as the eyes of the two swans on our bed, rose petals leading from the doorway to the bed and scattered over the top in a heart shape, and extra chocolates. I seriously cried.

On one of our cruises my son commented to the steward how we were “fighting” over the chocolates so the next time we returned to the room, he made a huge pyramid shape of those chocolates that covered the WHOLE bed! Needless to say DS was walking on sunshine after that and we tipped the steward well!!!!

In addition to making my daughter's bed with Disney Princess sheets (she loved it!) our stateroom host and Guest Services teamed up to help a lot when our family was experiencing a combo of allergy symptoms and sickness. We all have some environmental allergies, so after a night of general stuffiness, I talked with Guest Services about different pillows and an air purifier. Our stateroom host had them set up very shortly! DD's stuffiness turned out to be actual sickness (ear infection!) and we made a visit to the onboard clinic. For a couple evenings after that, there were gifts left for her in our stateroom, including a coloring book, crayons, and a Duffy Bear Tsum-Tsum. I am thinking that Guest Services had those sent over because of my daughter's clinic visit!

On our most recent cruise (our 6th) our stateroom host put Frozen sheets on the bed for my daughter. Even though she's 11, she thought it was the greatest!

On our 2016 cruise I had called ahead of time to see if coconut water was available for purchase on the cruise. They said it wasn’t, but when we arrived to our suite a few weeks later the mini-fridge was stocked full of them.
That was a nice surprise!

We absolutely hate the way that hotels tuck sheets into the bottom of the bed so tight that your feet are squashed when you get in. The very first thing we do in every hotel we ever stay in when we get into bed is yank those sheets out. Our stateroom host on our first Med cruise must have noticed this after our first night. Every night after that - for 10 days - she only lightly tucked in the sheets at the bottom. We never had to yank them out again. We left an additional tip for her. I've never had this done for me before (or had anyone even recognize how annoying it is) and never had it since on either DCL or at any hotel. That is attention to detail!
This is my biggest hotel pet peeve. Love this one!

There was one time I was stuck in our stateroom with a very tired, very cranky 9 month old. I was going to miss supper that night (which was fine, because I'm pretty sure that once you get on a cruise ship you are stuffed the whole time anyway. . . ). My host found my husband, who was in the dining room with our other child, had him order for me, and brought it back to the stateroom for me so I could still eat supper! Disney truly has an amazing team on their ships!

One of my younger kids wet the bed. They were 5 at the time, so they had been out of night pull-ups for quite awhile and I didn't think about it, but being off bedtime routine and probably allowed to drink too much before bed, etc. The stateroom person changed it, and I felt so bad. I mean I know it is his job, technically, but I really would have just let him leave the sheets and me do it.

He got all 3 of my kids a cool snack bag as well...popcorn, cotton candy, lollipops. He did ask if it was okay before that.

My sister and my niece could not have been happier with their hostess. My niece was even a little annoyed that they work so much. It was her first cruise, and she knew they came in in the morning and made the room up, but then the turn down service at night. She wondered how much time they get off in between.

I kind of wondered how our stateroom attendant even slept. I am guessing he never got 8 hours of sleep. I felt like I always saw him.

On our 2016 cruise I had called ahead of time to see if coconut water was available for purchase on the cruise. They said it wasn’t, but when we arrived to our suite a few weeks later the mini-fridge was stocked full of them.
That was a nice surprise!

Who did you call? DCL Directly? Your travel agent? just wondering...

If they had a suite, they were Concierge. So once they contacted DCL, the request would have gone to Shoreside.

Us non-Concierge "commoners" don't get the fridges stocked.

We had a one bedroom suite and I think there was a concierge line or something like that I called. They even had the exact brand my husband liked. It was such a nice touch!

If they had a suite, they were Concierge. So once they contacted DCL, the request would have gone to Shoreside.

Us non-Concierge "commoners" don't get the fridges stocked.

Ya, it was something like that. It was probably a one time experience. We are back to our “commoner” status. :)

We have had such amazing CMs on all our Disney cruises. Probably the most memorable was our cabin steward LeRoy on our May 2012 Fantasy cruise. On the way to the port, we had splurged on a limo with our friends. My friend had a bottle of sparkling apple cider in the limo. There was no bottle opener to be found, so my husband took off his belt and used the buckle to get the cap off. The problem was, that he broke a part of his belt buckle. Later when we were allowed in our cabin, LeRoy stopped by to introduce himself, asking if there was anything he could do for us. Being somewhat of a smart alek, my husband asked him about fixing his belt. LeRoy took the belt and said "I'll be back in a bit." Fifteen minutes later and boom! LeRoy was at our door with a newly sodered belt! My husband was in complete shock. Throughout the trip, LeRoy was simply amazing. We doubled his recommended tip and probably should have added more. We always make up special gift bags for our cabin steward and dining staff to give them along with their tips. We usually travel with a large group of friends who do the same. When we give them their gift bags on the last night, they are always brought to tears. I don't think that happens to then very often, but they seemed extremely grateful for the extra touch of gratitude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter