• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What has been the most magical parade you have watched?

When I was a child it was definitely MSEP, and I still love it. But as adult, I say Tapestry of Nations. I wish they'd bring it back!

Spectromagic!!! I had tears in My eyes the first time I saw it. It was just magical, and nothing has hit me like that. I miss it:sad: Sorry, but after that, MSEP is just blah.

The first Disney parade I ever saw was the Main Street Electrical Parade at Disneyland. Saw it again last year at Disney World. Just as magical as when I was little! Love baroque hoedown.

Paint the Night. The parade is fun and I love the music. Still get goosebumps when I listen to it during my commute.

Tapestry of Nations hands down!

We watched it from the elevated porch at the Japan pavillion

To this day I still listen to the music to this parade on my iPod

Last edited:

I loved the Parade of Dreams. "Welcome to our family time..." That song still brings tears to my eyes!! It was the first parade I thought of when I saw this thread.
PTN is spectacular though!!!

I haven't been fortunate enough to see very many, but the most magical for me would be the Hippity Hoppity Springtime Parade that was at TDL this past March. Surprisingly, we had a great view, even though the crowds were ridiculous the day we went! The parade itself was amazing!

I would say the Toy Story parade in DHS. DS was so excited and it was just perfect.

Here you go!

I'm getting a "watching WDW on youtube problem"
Thanks so much! I loved watching this. And I still love it. Remember when every parade wasn't a character parade? (And believe me, I love the character parade!) Those puppets! The fabrics! So lovely.

I personally love the Boo to You parade, but the Christmas party parade was neat too. I am a big fan of Halloween though!

I loved Stars and Cars (is that correct name?) , the themed vehicles were so unique and fun. Wonder if they still have all those vehicles collecting dust? Minnie in her vintage Hollywood outfit was great! Anyone have pics?

Main Street Electrical Parade. My first trip to Disney, in about 1981, I was about 2 and a half. Since I was so little, I really have no memory of that trip, except for one thing. I remember the MSEP and that I was scared of Eliott the dragon (don't know if it was the noise or the smoke or what, but at 2.5, he scared me). By the time I next went to the Magic Kingdom, as an older kid, the MSEP was gone, so I had not seen it again until a trip in December of 2010, when I was in my early 30s. I had no idea it had returned to the MK and found out about it when we jumped on the parking tram to head to the TTC and listened to the announcements. I was so incredibly excited to learn it had returned. I grew up listening to old WDW/DL soundtracks on records and CD that both had the MSEP parade music, which I absolutely love, so when the music started up and the floats came out...well, I felt like a little kid again. I just about cried when I saw the Eliott float (obviously not scared anymore, in fact, he's my favorite float in the parade now). I've seen SpectroMagic, I've seen Paint the Night. SpectroMagic was just ok to me...to me it was kind of a poor MSEP imposter. Paint the Night is pretty cool (and I love that a re-mixed version of the MSEP music is laced through the soundtrack), but for me, MSEP is still the best. Since it returned, I do not make a trip to Disney without catching it at least once. I know it will not be there forever, so I make sure to enjoy it every chance I get while it is still around.

I've only seen Festival of Fantasy and MSEP, so my parade experience is limited. It's hard to choose between those two though. MSEP, like others here, is one of my earliest memories of WDW (especially Elliott). But watching Festival of Fantasy on the front row of the curb right in front of the castle this past March with my mom was pretty much the best part of our trip. We loved it!
I love parades in general and wish I could have seen a lot of these that people are mentioning. They sound so great!
I'm looking forward to Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade next December!

Festival of Fantasy holds a lot of magic and wonder for me, it's always an amazing time watching it, and I absolutely love it. BUT for most magical I'm going to have to say:
-The Lion King Parade (1997, at DLR) probably just because I was only 7, and it had a part where it stopped and a performer came over and danced with me and I got to play a maraca shaker thing and be part of the parade! I also absolutely LOVE Lion King, and some of the costumes/characters and such in the parade were seriously awesome, esp considering the year!
-PAINT THE NIGHT: HOLY BATMAN WOW. Talk about the most incredible thing, there's just something so fresh, vibrant and ENERGETIC about it, everyone's cheering, everyone's got the biggest smiles on their faces, and it's just frigging incredible. The magic never dies with it.-Also Boo To You is hands down my favorite disney parade, ever, it's amazing and I love it, but it doesn't really scream "magic" to me, just "awesome"

We really enjoyed "Surprise in the Skies" at Epcot back in the early 90's. I don't think it lasted for very long but featured ultra-lights which were piloted by Mickey and other characters. However, my all time parade favourite has to be Spectro Magic, it brought a tear to my eye when I saw it for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter