What has been the longest you havent seen a family member/friend because of coronavirus?

:flower3: I wish you all well. We decided early on to precisely follow whatever recommendations/restrictions were in place and be vaccinated at the earliest possible moment, which we have. It’s enough, we feel secure and having just lost the last year of the life of a family member, we won’t lose any more, regardless.
I wish you well as well. I retired July 16 and in my final working weeks we had more people on 10 day quarantine at one time due to covid that during the entire pandemic. Most of us returned to work in the building June 12, and every case was in a fully vaccinated person. One guy, his mom and dad and daughter all got it. Other than the daughter all fully vaccinated, and they were lucky, his 72 year old parents got very sick, and almost had to be hospitalized. Just not worth the risk to me. I can talk to my brother on the phone, and do.

I have seen only my wife and 4 other people in person, in addition to 8 medical providers since March 2020.

I have a rare condition called Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. Intramuscular shots or injury can result in permanent, irreversible immobility due To excess bone growth. My lung capacitor is in the gutter, and I cannot reach my head to put on or take off a mask. I also cannot lay on my stomach (physically impossible due to previous bone growth), making treatment difficult.

Last edited:
Maybe a month or two at the beginning for neighborhood friends, then it was back to normal around here.

For family, we asked what everyone preferred, and most we've seen as often as we normally would, and that includes a few trips and holiday gatherings.
Attended one family wedding. The in-person guest list was cut from 300 down to the 50 guests allowed per local guidelines at the time with a Zoom feed provided for everyone else.
Still haven't seen a sister-in-law who lives less than an hour away. That's per her request because she has underlying health conditions and was trying to be very careful. She's just out of the hospital after being treated for a secondary infection after having covid though, so it will be interesting to see what choices she makes going forward.

A close family member literally did not leave her house March-June 2020, and no one was invited/allowed to visit her house for a total of 15 months.

A close family member literally did not leave her house March-June 2020, and no one was invited/allowed to visit her house for a total of 15 months.
My neighbors are like that-in fact they quarantine their mail and their groceries in trash bags before they will open them.

Still counting for a cousin.
My MIL strolled into my house uninvited declaring she was too sick to hug about a week ago so my doors may never be unlocked again. Anyone know what sort of permits might be needed for a moat, asking for a friend?

I haven't seen my brother, who lives in England, since December 2018. He was supposed to visit last summer and then this summer. Hoping now for next summer. I also haven't seen my sister-in-law who lives in Canada (across the river from me) since February 2020.

I saw my parents January 26, 2020 and didn't see them again in person till Mothers Day 2020. That was the longest I've ever gone - we are all relatively healthy but live 3 hours apart to start with. Obviously we didn't realize everything would come to a screeching halt that March, or I would have visited in February. During spring 2020 I was very skittish because to see them would require an overnight visit, but by May I was so ready. Beyond that we have seen everyone as normal.

My BFF lives a couple hours away. I usually see her a few times a year but she has some health issues that require her to be especially careful and I haven’t seen her in at least a year and a half. We still talk and text but I won’t see her in person until she feels comfortable with it.

I feel so sad for some people, then again, it's their choice. Nothing has changed for me except for I didn't see production coworkers for the week they were laid off until the orders for essential landscaping products skyrocketed from people "staying home".

It is sad, but it isn’t all purely by choice. I haven’t seen my mother in person for almost two years. We're in the US and she's in Europe, so she can’t come here. We could go there, as we have dual citizenship, but our euro passports expired last summer while everything was closed, and they're costly and complicated to renew from the US, plus my youngest isn't old enough to be vaccinated yet.

Thankfully this didn’t happen 20 years ago, before Skype etc.

I saw my parents January 26, 2020 and didn't see them again in person till Mothers Day 2020. That was the longest I've ever gone - we are all relatively healthy but live 3 hours apart to start with. Obviously we didn't realize everything would come to a screeching halt that March, or I would have visited in February. During spring 2020 I was very skittish because to see them would require an overnight visit, but by May I was so ready. Beyond that we have seen everyone as normal.

if only three hours apart I would have continued seeing them and just not spent the night. I had to do the drive from ny to Boston and back a few times in one day last year during COVID. First was to get my daughter and bring her home for the “two weeks to flatten the curve”. That was 5 hours each way-basically pulled up to her apartment and loaded her and her bag in and turned around to drive home. Then had to make the trip again a month later as she only brought home a few things to get through the “two weeks”- the only difference was we made that trip in 3 1/2 hours because everyone was off the road then. Then had to make it again to clear out her apartment so she could sublet it. Then one last time for graduation. But we always did it in one day, 5 hours each way isn’t that long of a drive.

I went 26 months without being able to see my dad and 22 months to hug my mom. It was awful.

Due to C-19 restrictions and other circumstances, we haven't seen (yes, some FaceTime but very limited) our active duty deployed son for almost 2 years. Not my choice AT ALL but we deal with it as a military family. He's finally back in the states as of today, but have to wait until the end of the month before he comes home. Hurry up!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter