What happens to my deposit? Can I transfer it to a new res?

entirelysplendid

Earning My Ears
So I have a room only reservation at GF using the gift of magic room offer. We want to add a day to the front of our reservation, when I go to modify the reservation the website says the same type of room is no longer available with the offer. However I can book a whole new room only res, same room type, with our additional day, with the magic room offer, soooooo my question is - should I book the new reservation and then cancel the shorter one? If I do, can I use the deposit I have already made to the first reservation and apply it to my new one? I have tried calling 3 times but have to wait so long on the phone I have yet to talk to a person. I'd love to be able to do this online.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

If you call the reservation line vs. trying to modify online I'd think they could update it for you - then no need to worry about the deposit as it stays with the update.

If you cancel online, the you'll have to wait for the refund. When you rebook, you'd have have to provide the credit card number again.

I'd try to calling first and then go from there based on if the cast member could rebook with the extra date.

Thank you so much for the help! I called and once I was able to get through, they updated it as you said they would. It was easy-peasy. Thanks again for replying.:earsboy:

If you call the reservation line vs. trying to modify online I'd think they could update it for you - then no need to worry about the deposit as it stays with the update.

If you cancel online, the you'll have to wait for the refund. When you rebook, you'd have have to provide the credit card number again.

I'd try to calling first and then go from there based on if the cast member could rebook with the extra date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter