What happens to DVC resorts when parks are shut down?

They are making the exception and allowing people to bank. I’d send an email and ask about it..,or, give them a call next week to ask.
I was happy to find out that they are allowing you to bank points from your current use year if they had been used on a now cancelled reservation and if you also borrowed from a future use year they will allow you to un-borrow them. That’s a win-win!

We had to cancel our March 20-27th stay and did this on line, we had borrowed some points from our next use year to make it work. All of the points for our cancelled trip are now in holding, so we can't book at present for when we are pre planning for a trip in November. Trying to contact Member Services, but they seem to be a little busy. I am hoping that they can fix this problem as going in November is not as point heavy.

We had to cancel our March 20-27th stay and did this on line, we had borrowed some points from our next use year to make it work. All of the points for our cancelled trip are now in holding, so we can't book at present for when we are pre planning for a trip in November. Trying to contact Member Services, but they seem to be a little busy. I am hoping that they can fix this problem as going in November is not as point heavy.

Since your trip was during the park closing, the points are eligible to be removed out of holding and they should reinstate borrowed points.
I was fortunate to get a CM yesterday who took care of it while I was on the phone. I was then able to rebook a trip for August. I had to borrow the points again but it wasn’t as much since I had other less expensive options..

But in Florida, yeah. So, you might need to wrestle for a lounger at Poly is all imma saying.
However, with a lot of people who ARE cancelling, the resorts may not be all that crowded. I thought I read earlier on a thread that resorts are currently at about 40% occupancy with all of the people checking out and many cancellations.

However, with a lot of people who ARE cancelling, the resorts may not be all that crowded. I thought I read earlier on a thread that resorts are currently at about 40% occupancy with all of the people checking out and many cancellations.
40% occupancy at Poly still is lounger wrestling time. Those pools are too small.

At BLT now and just got word that ALL Disney own hotels and the Springs are closed as of 5pm Fri March 20. Till end of month.

Nothing like ripping the band-aid off twice :( Cancelled our BWV but kept Vero :( Hoping Delta will allow another flight change without penalties.

Just received an official email stating the resorts will close as of this Friday. Here is a snippet of the email:
"In alignment with this guidance, Disney is temporarily closing its resort hotels at Walt Disney World Resort, including all Disney Vacation Club properties. The closure also includes Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. The closures become effective at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 20, and will extend through the end of the month. This will give Members and Guests the ability to make necessary travel arrangements or book alternative accommodations. At this time, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will remain open."

Wonder if they will allow members to bank points twice in case they need to cancel?
Not very likely given the most recent communication (check your email) that says all normal banking rules remain in place.

Dear Members,

As we continue to make timely decisions based on guidance of health agencies and our medical teams, and adjust our precautionary measures at Disney Vacation Club for the safety of our Members, Guests and Cast Members, I want to provide you with an important update.

In alignment with this guidance, Disney is temporarily closing its resort hotels at Walt Disney World Resort, including all Disney Vacation Club properties. The closure also includes Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. The closures become effective at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 20, and will extend through the end of the month. This will give Members and Guests the ability to make necessary travel arrangements or book alternative accommodations. At this time, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort will remain open.

We know that you have questions about your membership during these uncertain times. Please know that our teams at Disney Vacation Club are committed to assisting you and providing you with as much flexibility as possible with your future vacation plans. Disney Vacation Club Member Services will continue to assist you with reservation changes during their regular operating hours. As we anticipate high call volume in the days ahead, we encourage you to visit disneyvacationclub.com for general information and ask that you contact Member Services only if you need assistance with an existing reservation.

Regarding your reservations, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few important points in order to make the change process as smooth as possible. As we have shared, Disney Vacation Club has lifted the close-in reservation cancellation restrictions and will return any of your points back as vacation points or reservation points without placing them into holding. In the meantime, all points banking rules remain in place. While we understand the banking policy might create some frustration, please realize that this is in place to ensure that the membership as a whole avoids future inventory constraints.

Clearly COVID-19 is impacting us all in numerous ways – and I want to thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. Our team at Disney Vacation Club is focused on serving you, our Member community, as we plan ahead for a return to normal operations.

With appreciation,
Signature
Terri Schultz
Senior Vice President

Disney Vacation Club, Guided Adventures & Expeditions and Golden Oak

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter