What happens to cars overnight in park parking lots?

fractalpotato

Mouseketeer
I've seen, on early mornings (and late night drives) driving past the parking lots that some cars seem to get left overnight. I assume, in the case of Epcot at least, this is because the drivers elected to take more drunk-friendly transportation home, what happens to the cars? I've seen in the past people said it was okay for one night, but not multiple. Is that still the case? (I've also heard of people being so worn out at the end of a park day they just forgot they had a car and took a bus back, which is pretty amusing)

We're going for F&W and honestly, while we could bus it there and back, I'd much rather drive in the morning instead of waiting for a bus and catch a bus back that night and get back to Epcot the next day to get the car.

Obviously if this isn't okay we'll just use resort transportation, I would never drive if I had been drinking, but I'm curious?

Matt

We once lost our car keys at AK, and guest services said it was ok to leave the car overnight and get it sorted the next day. Thankfully, some lovely person handed our keys in on their way out of the park at 6pm (closing time) so I was able to zoom over there from AKL where we were staying and pick it up. There were a fair number of cars left behind after close. Apparently people lose their keys often. And others forget where they have parked!

It's best to plan ahead, i.e. don't take your car in the morning so you won't have to worry about it at night; but clearly it's not unacceptable to leave it in a park parking lot for one night.

If you really won't utilize the free transportation, there's always Lyft/Uber/taxi in the morning.

I always kind of wondered this after they did the 24 hour days (these would be exempt from the policy of course)

The question, could an AP holder, staying at POLY leave his car in the MK parking lot. A way to bypass resort parking fee.

Interesting question. Probably yes, for one night. It's unrealistic to think Dosney doesn't monitor the parking lots and note vehicle license plates, to check that the drivers aren't trying to scam.

I always kind of wondered this after they did the 24 hour days (these would be exempt from the policy of course)
Is 24 hour grace period the ‘official’ word on this?

Since we have a rental when there, can just imagine the penalty the vendor would assess if their vehicle is towed or impounded. Not planning on doing it, just have mulled the question over nearly every trip lol

Shouldn't you go to Guest Relations to let them know you need to leave the car overnight, in case everyone had too much to drink at Food & Wine, or park-to-park bus service back to where you left the car had ended for the night?

Shouldn't you go to Guest Relations to let them know you need to leave the car overnight, in case everyone had too much to drink at Food & Wine, or park-to-park bus service back to where you left the car had ended for the night?
I don't think they are going to go anything with that information. I think that would be unnecessary. They would probably just look at you and say okay.

Just my opinion, but just take the bus and then you have no worries! Waiting for a bus, especially on property isn't that bad. They run every 20 minutes

That was our experience as well, busses worked fine. Frankly, you will wait longer in a FastPass line for a ride, but I don't see many commenting about that.

That was our experience as well, busses worked fine. Frankly, you will wait longer in a FastPass line for a ride, but I don't see many commenting about that.
Consider yourselves lucky then. I have waited in the bus line for an hour on more than one occasion at park close. I usually stay offsite now and am happy to drive.

Ok. To the original post er, I have to ask; if you already know you will be drinking at Epcot, explain why you think driving to the park is a good idea? And then leaving your car overnight just to drive and pick it up the next morning (taking away vacation time). I get that some people drive and drink more than they should, leave the car and going back for it lat er. But you already know this far out that this "is your plan". Take the bus or Uber\Lfyt!!

The parking CM's will just park around your car. I have seen it happen a couple times.

Frankly, I think hassling with the bus for one day is better than worrying about driving or leaving your car. I'd be hesitant to leave my car unless I knew the stated policy from Disney. If you're that vehemently opposed to the bus, take an Uber.

So how are you getting to Epcot the next day to get your car? Bus, Uber? Just do that in the morning of and you have no hassles the next day. Sounds like a hangover may be present in the am and if that is the case, you'll thank yourself for not having to schlep over to Epcot with all those happy, loud, excited people on the bus in the morning, then walk/tram from the bus stop (or uber dropoff) at Epcot in the am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter