• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Happens if Opening with restrictions, Re, Cancelations.

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
What happens if Disney opens with significant restrictions?
Will the cancelation plan be modified?
For example
I have a reservation for august. if parks are open or opened with limitations.
If restaurants are take out only.
If I need to wear a mask poolside.

I don't think I would want to go.
Also what if Disney reopens but my state is still shelter in place.

I also think that once resorts are back open, we will see them go back to regular rules,

I could see them maybe continuing to waive holding, but in terms of return of borrowed points, or any late banking, I doubt that will continue

You really don't need to wear a mask outside unless you are the one who is ill. Sunlight, wind will take care of that virus.

We were just debating this at home. We have a family with 3 children 9 and younger traveling with us. If the character dinners, parades, pools and fireworks are cancelled coupled with long wait times, we may cancel. I also worry about the temp. checks. The youngest is 4 and he runs hot all the time. It is a long way and a lot of $$ to be refused entry in the park each day.

We had August booked with a split stay AKV club level and value studio. I was so excited to score the reservations since they are hard to get room categories. We made the sad decision to cancel to get all of our points back before it was too late. My gut just told me cancelling was the right thing to do since we would have to fly and we'd be miserable if the pools were closed and if masks were required in the parks.

Deb and Bill
Not debating if masks are good or not.
However the current order in my state is for everyone to wear masks in stores etc .
And at all times when you cannot maintain social distance of at least six feet.
The orginal. Guidance has changed from masks only for sick people to everyone wearing something.
Saving medical grade masks for health workers and first responders.

Keep in mind that when you buy, none of the resort amenities are guaranteed, and the theme parks are not guaranteed. If they can give you a room, they are good.

You really don't need to wear a mask outside unless you are the one who is ill. Sunlight, wind will take care of that virus.

This is an uninformed comment that could result in the continued spread of COVID-19.

The wearing of masks is aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19 and, specifically, among those who may be carriers with no visible symptomology. Moreover, COVID-19 has resulted in more deaths, over the past several months, than US losses during the Vietnam War.

Coughs and sneezes travel further that one might suspect. Lysol and sunshine are ignorant solutions. Ask you health care provider.

I think we have had several posts where people have different ideas in terms of masks,

There is also a lot of different information from lots of health professionals whose opinions are different,

So, while it does appear sun and heat can have a positive effect on the half life of the virus, everyone will have to decide for themselves the pros and cons of masks

This is an uninformed comment that could result in the continued spread of COVID-19.

The wearing of masks is aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19 and, specifically, among those who may be carriers with no visible symptomology. Moreover, COVID-19 has resulted in more deaths, over the past several months, than US losses during the Vietnam War.

Coughs and sneezes travel further that one might suspect. Lysol and sunshine are ignorant solutions. Ask you health care provider.

Lets be respectful of everyone’s opinions as there is a lot of information being shared in the health community as to the pros and cons of mask, says well as other things,

We ask that the threads don’t turn into a back and forth but rather keep to the topic at hand.

Lets be respectful of everyone’s opinions as there is a lot of information being shared in the health community as to the pros and cons of mask, says well as other things,

We ask that the threads don’t turn into a back and forth but rather keep to the topic at hand.

As a healthcare professional, I can assure you that it is an irresponsible post.

Opinions aside, our state has a mandatory masks edict, period.

Disney is private property, IMO well within their rights to post whatever additional protections they want there, including masks.

That said we’ve decided to wait until the last possible day to cancel our August trip to preserve our points. Going to book something cancellable off-site though. Airfare is already in place, but would have the 9/22 SWA expiration date extension at least.

Opinions aside, our state has a mandatory masks edict, period.

Disney is private property, IMO well within their rights to post whatever additional protections they want there, including masks.

That said we’ve decided to wait until the last possible day to cancel our August trip to preserve our points. Going to book something cancellable off-site though. Airfare is already in place, but would have the 9/22 SWA expiration date extension at least.

Mine does too but it is not strictly enforced here by many merchants, so it ends up being up to individuals to comply or not.

Same with WDW,...they can decide if they want to make it a requirement and if they do, then everyone chooses whether they want to visit with those rules

The problem is you may not know you are ill. It's true that wearing mask won't keep you from catching the virus. But we need everyone to wear makes so they don't spread the virus. This will be even more important as restrictions are lifted and people begin to gather again.

Again! We are NOT having either a discussion or an argument about the pros and cons of wearing a mask on the DVC Boards. So PLEASE STOP!! Infractions will be issued for those unable to stop.

Take this subject to the Community Board if you want to discuss it.

Thank you!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter