• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happens if it rains during a Halloween Party?

they move the treat trails.
If it rains during a party, what stops or closes down?
They move the treat trails. It's been a long time since it has rained during MHP. I don't remeber what rides if any shut down since it was back in 2010 since it rained one time that I was at MHP

Fireworks cancelled if it’s during fireworks time. Ride wise outdoor rides will close. Like Alice, Matterhorn, etc. I was there just before last Xmas and the were run Big Thunder in decent rain so I guess not all the outdoor rides necessarily close, you’ll want to keep an eye on the Disneyland app for that info. (No refunds will be offered if you’re wondering about that.) Idk about the character meet and greats.

That happened to us. It absolutely poured. Light rain wouldn't have been a big deal, but this was a deluge and pretty much ruined the party for us. Everything was canceled and the CMs didn't even know where the treat trails were. I would say that is highly unlikely, though. It was sad because you couldn't see any costumes--everyone was covered in ponchos and whatever they could use to cover up.

Treat trails and M&Gs will get moved. As noted above, certain outdoor rides will close. Others will keep going, but beware of standing water -- e.g. the IASW boats can hold a surprising amount of water in the bottoms -- watch your shoes! They will hold off on the parade and fireworks until the last possible minute, hoping that the show can go on -- but both will be called off if the rain is too heavy.
Our first MHP was in pouring rain. You could tell that plans were last minute and changes were not getting fully communicated to everyone across the board. But, the bright side of this was that everyone (and I mean everyone -- CMs and other guests!) took the rain in stride and just started turning up the energy. We were going to have fun if it killed us! We were completely drenched (jeans, shoes, hair, you name it... squelch, squelch...) and I was convinced that this was our last ever party. There was no way DH would want to go through this again. But, kudos to all the CMs and everyone else at the party who turned on the magic, the first thing he said to me when we got home and into dry clothes was, "So, what are we going to dress up as for next year's party??"!! So, even if it rains, MHP can still be fun! :)

Treat trails and M&Gs will get moved. As noted above, certain outdoor rides will close. Others will keep going, but beware of standing water -- e.g. the IASW boats can hold a surprising amount of water in the bottoms -- watch your shoes! They will hold off on the parade and fireworks until the last possible minute, hoping that the show can go on -- but both will be called off if the rain is too heavy.
Our first MHP was in pouring rain. You could tell that plans were last minute and changes were not getting fully communicated to everyone across the board. But, the bright side of this was that everyone (and I mean everyone -- CMs and other guests!) took the rain in stride and just started turning up the energy. We were going to have fun if it killed us! We were completely drenched (jeans, shoes, hair, you name it... squelch, squelch...) and I was convinced that this was our last ever party. There was no way DH would want to go through this again. But, kudos to all the CMs and everyone else at the party who turned on the magic, the first thing he said to me when we got home and into dry clothes was, "So, what are we going to dress up as for next year's party??"!! So, even if it rains, MHP can still be fun! :)

Thank you for your reply. Do you remember where they moved the treat trails and meet and greets to? How do they let party goers know where the trails are at when they are switched? October 2nd looks like rain, and I want to let my friend who is going some info.

I remember that one of the trails was moved to the Golden Horseshoe -- but that is now a regular treat trail. Another trail was created at what was then Carnation Gardens, now PFF. There were CMs posted outside of the pop-up M&Gs or treat trails to guide guests in that direction. Also, we saw other guests heading that way, so we just followed them. If it rains, I would tell your friend to stay alert and ask CMs and other guests (sometimes the guests know more than the CMs because the guests move around more freely and more quickly). Also tell your friend to keep watching twitter feeds -- news gets out pretty fast when there is something good at a party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter