What happens if flight is canceled?

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
We booked Coronado through hotels.com.

The wind is whipping up here in Ny. Our evening flight has already been delayed an hour. Hoping we still take off tonight.

Anyone ever run into this worst-case scenario? We’re already within the 48-hour cancellation window? Are we SOL if our flight gets cancelled or delayed until tomorrow?

I have to say we had to leave a day early because of weather and Disney was very accommodating. They helped with everything and didn’t charge the last night. Keep them informed.

Your main hurdle is going to be that you didn't book direct with Disney. You used a TA (essentially) and many times, in most circumstances, Disney will only speak to the TA (or in your case, Hotels.com)
But, what you do want to do is call. You won't know much of anything until you call and explain and see what options they offer, also knowing what choices you'd like to present too.

We got flight cancelled Sunday on Jet Blue to Newark. We found out on Saturday morning. It was a bit of a mess, they offered us a flight Tuesday to JFK. DH had to work Monday. We ended up on Spirit, cost $700 for 3 of us. Yikes. Refund was much less, because I had a great deal on JB. So $500 out of pocket.

I booked at POR when our flight from the northeast was cancelled two summers ago. POR let us add a night to our stay and didn’t make us pay for the first night we missed. We had booked through JetBlue. It was an absolutely disaster working it out, but once we checked in at POR, the manager worked it out.

I'm about to go down in 2 weeks from Boston and never buy travel insurance (ever) but did for this trip - my worst fear is either missing it or getting stuck there and having to pay a lot of money to stay on an already expensive vacation because return flights were cancelled. About 10 years ago my aunt and cousins once got stuck at Disney for 5 extra days because of continuous weather in Boston and their travel insurance covered everything - the extra hotel nights, and all food/drink while they stayed at Disney for 5 extra days. My aunt also spoke to a Cast Member and begged/pleaded for help with 2 small children and nothing to do while they waited, so she was able to get their tickets extended for $10 per person per day. I'm practically praying for a blizzard, but only after we've arrived.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter