What Happened to the Thread of the Bride Whose Wedding was Moved? Or, what happened?

Do all the supporters know what your "demands" were to make the situation right? That this bride asked for

"1. 100% Refund, we are not paying a dime for our wedding or honeymoon, including dining
2. Venue change to the Cinderella Castle courtyard
3. All of our guests should be able to stay on property for free with free park passes AND dining
4. Jason and I should get lifetime passes to all 4 WDW parks, water parks, and Disney Quest
5. Free Vow Renewal at the WP in 1 year"

Seriously? Isn't this public demand sort of extortion? (Lawyers, anyone?)

Aww come on let's not start this again please!!
The OP has made it perfectly clear that these demands were made in jest!!
The matter is resolved (to everybody's satisfaction). Let's just leave it at that!!

Aww come on let's not start this again please!!
The OP has made it perfectly clear that these demands were made in jest!!
The matter is resolved (to everybody's satisfaction). Let's just leave it at that!!

I 100% agree! It's over. Quit with the attacks. Why on earth can't people just be happy for this couple that things worked out? If both Disney and the couple are happy with the resolution, what's the point the dragging quotes from a deleted thread into it?!

OP, please ignore this resurgence of hostility. So many of us are so happy for you! I hope you'll come back after the wedding to share your special day with us!

Do all the supporters know what your "demands" were to make the situation right? That this bride asked for

"1. 100% Refund, we are not paying a dime for our wedding or honeymoon, including dining
3. All of our guests should be able to stay on property for free with free park passes AND dining
4. Jason and I should get lifetime passes to all 4 WDW parks, water parks, and Disney Quest

Obviously she was upset when she posted that.
Move on. Really. SMH, there has always got to be one :rolleyes:

Brining up such details are unnecessary and those which quote back to them actually make yourself look worse than the person who made these demands in a time of heated/extreme emotional moments!!

yes we do know what the op's demands were and whether we agreed with them or not some of us choose the higher ground and not make her feel even worse with personal attacks.

I have to say that i'm not surprised at all that the solution details are being kept quite (I think I actually posted that this was what i expected to hear on the original thread). I have seen many threads where disney problems have been sorted out and DISNEY have asked that consumers keep their details quite. Im not saying that this is whats happened in this, but previous experience says it all.

At the end of the day, i'm very happy for you. Like i said previous - try to forget all the cr&p that has happened up to now and enjoy planning and your actual day:thumbsup2

We are still getting married at the Wedding Pavilion but I can't say when.

So glad for you! I'd never even heard of the wedding pavillion before reading this thread but that place really does look like the ultimate dream.

Of course you can't say when! About 200,000 people would show up to wish you well, and you've only got room for the 20.

Have a wonderful magical wedding! So happy to hear that Disney came through for you.

yes we do know what the op's demands were and whether we agreed with them or not some of us choose the higher ground and not make her feel even worse with personal attacks.

How is quoting her verbatim a personal attack? She said what she said...

How is quoting her verbatim a personal attack? She said what she said...
Apparently you didn't read the REST of what she wrote. Before she listed her "demands", which I'm sure she didn't actually demand (have you ever been very upset and said/wrote something that you didn't mean?), something along the lines of "these are ridiculous demands because of how ridiculous the situation is"...

And seriously, haven't we been through this? Take a page out of Thumper's book and "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." There's no reason to post nasty things. :headache:

Good day.

I am so glad things worked out and that the OP is happy! :goodvibes I can't imagine her stress over this, and I can't wait to see the pictures from her big day!

As a note, though, Disney does not always recover beyond expectations. Or perhaps they only do so when enough media attention is paid to the problem. I honestly did not expect Disney to come through (they sure didn't for me), and am thrilled for the OP the they did. :woohoo:

Oh I know they don't always recover! Sorry, I meant to point that out, but when they DO, they often do it above and beyond!

:sad2: It's people like you that stir the pot and get threads closed. You are posting entirely out of context. The OP stated that she intentionally made her list of demands here as over the top as possible to show just how insane it was for Disney to expect that BLT was an appropriate substitute for the Wedding Pavilion.

Seriously, don't post if you don't have the facts straight.

It definitely helped that I had that forum thread deleted because it was mentioned in today's conversation and they appreciated that I did that yesterday after it went viral. I can't divulge too many details but what came out of this was that we got the Disney customer service that we all have come to know and love. They were much more apologetic and willing to bend a little. We came to a good agreement and Jason and I are still leaving for our trip in 22 days!!!

I don't recall any mean posts in the deleted thread. It's clear the OP said some things out of anger. I don't blame the OP for having the thread deleted. Deleting the thread evidently helped her negotiations with Disney. I'm glad the moderators accommodated the OP. Leaving her comments on DIS wouldn't have been helpful to her case.

I don't think it's fair to blame "mean posters". I don't recall any poster saying Disney did the right thing. Only a discussion as to what types of things the OP could reasonably ask for. The "mean posters" said the OP was asking for too much. The "fine print" in the contract lets Disney do almost anything Disney wants to do. The "mean posters" suggested other venues.

Obviously I'm glad the OP reached an agreement with Disney. Perhaps blowing off steam on DIS helped in understanding what kinds of accommodation was reasonable. The OPs comments in the thread were the issue.

It's the Grand Floridan Resort and Spa. I understand the spa is being closed for 18 months. Disney doesn't want to lose $$$ by closing the resort, or WP, during construction. Offering a substandard experience to resort and wedding guests is the road Disney decided to go. Closing the GF and working 24/7 would be a different approach. There is a reason the GF isn't close to being rated 5*.

How convenient that you only quoted PART of what she said....the part that happened to get your point across
The point is the "mean posters" were commenting on the OPs "demands". Maybe the thread got deleted and I never read the "mean posts". My memory is the "mean posters" told her to be more reasonable and to drop the talk about law suits. Seems like that's exactly what she did.

I agree with you. I bolded your first sentence and I agree. It seems like any time someone disagrees with someone else, then that person is being "mean". No one is going to agree with someone else 100% of the time; posting on a public message board means that anyone can comment, good and bad. The OP kept referencing "going viral". It seems that she was really excited that so many people picked up the story. I don't blame her and I am sure that the "media blitz" helped her and Disney to reach a compromise.

To the OP, I am glad everything worked out. I hope you share more details and share pictures after the fact. Everyone deserves to have a great wedding and no one deserves to have this kind of stress right before the wedding.

Disney seems to have problems communicating within itself. Many issues could be prevented if the various parts would just talk to each other and plan ahead. No company just decides to start building overnight and we all know that plans were submitted a long time ago. DFTW and DVC (if that what is being built) should be in constant communication and weddings at the WP should have been stopped well before any of these issues arose.

I do hope the OP can share more details and I hope she and her FH have a wonderful wedding and a lifetime of happiness!

I don't recall any mean posts in the deleted thread. It's clear the OP said some things out of anger. I don't blame the OP for having the thread deleted. Deleting the thread evidently helped her negotiations with Disney. I'm glad the moderators accommodated the OP. Leaving her comments on DIS wouldn't have been helpful to her case.

I don't think it's fair to blame "mean posters". I don't recall any poster saying Disney did the right thing. Only a discussion as to what types of things the OP could reasonably ask for. The "mean posters" said the OP was asking for too much. The "fine print" in the contract lets Disney do almost anything Disney wants to do. The "mean posters" suggested other venues.

Obviously I'm glad the OP reached an agreement with Disney. Perhaps blowing off steam on DIS helped in understanding what kinds of accommodation was reasonable. The OPs comments in the thread were the issue.

It's the Grand Floridan Resort and Spa. I understand the spa is being closed for 18 months. Disney doesn't want to lose $$$ by closing the resort, or WP, during construction. Offering a substandard experience to resort and wedding guests is the road Disney decided to go. Closing the GF and working 24/7 would be a different approach. There is a reason the GF isn't close to being rated 5*.

The point is the "mean posters" were commenting on the OPs "demands". Maybe the thread got deleted and I never read the "mean posts". My memory is the "mean posters" told her to be more reasonable and to drop the talk about law suits. Seems like that's exactly what she did.

It's evident Disney made the decision not to shut down the GF and WP during most of the construction.

Sounds like Bay Lake is close to selling out. Sounds like Disney wants construction ASAP. My guess is dredging was scheduled as soon as possible after the plans/ permits were approved. Less then a months notice might be about right.

Disney seems to have problems communicating within itself. Many issues could be prevented if the various parts would just talk to each other and plan ahead. No company just decides to start building overnight and we all know that plans were submitted a long time ago. DFTW and DVC (if that what is being built) should be in constant communication and weddings at the WP should have been stopped well before any of these issues arose.

I do hope the OP can share more details and I hope she and her FH have a wonderful wedding and a lifetime of happiness!

I am so glad that you have reached a satisfactory resolution! I hope that your wedding day is as magical as you have dreamed it to be. Every bride deserves a fairy tale day.

Regarding disclosure of the resolution, Disney tells you that you can't discuss the resolution.

DH and I had a dispute with Disney over our wedding photography and did get a satisfactory resolution, which in an email, we were told is not for public disclosure.

It's one thing to keep a wedding private for the sack for keeping it an intimate affair between the couple and their family and friends but its another thing to have a nondisclosure agreement so they are not held liable when another bride and groom run into a similar situation and say "well you did THIS for THEM...why can't you do THIS for US too"
It just reminds me of the whole outside photographer thing - i don't care the bride had an outside photographer - the images were beautiful - i DO have a problem with disney's pathetic excuse as to how it was allowed to happen. I see so many brides on these boards that have the most amazing patience and must have complete hearts of gold :worship: because I would NEVER put up with a company that cancels weddings weeks before - cancels and reschedules photo shoots -switches wedding planners - and everything else I've seen. I've defended wanting a disney wedding to my boyfriend, my family and his til i was blue in the face and now i feel like it was a waste of my breathe because i can't even defend what they do to myself anymore. It's heartbreaking after years of dreaming and saving for this that I don't even think I want it anymore, i'd get married at swan and dolphin before I had a disney fairytale wedding at this point.

WOPS Rant got away from me there - sorry i just get really, i guess we'll call it passionate when it comes to this stuff. It's odd because i spent all these years just viewing the fairy tale weddings from a far but once i dug into my own planning and see that it's not as magical as i had thought it would be it's heartbreaking - like the day that jerk in school tried to tell me santa wasn't real :lmao:

I've been following the OPs story and I'm happy to see that the issue was resolved. Hope the day is magical and all that she dreamed of!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter