What Happened to the Thread of the Bride Whose Wedding was Moved? Or, what happened?

It's one thing to keep a wedding private for the sack for keeping it an intimate affair between the couple and their family and friends but its another thing to have a nondisclosure agreement so they are not held liable when another bride and groom run into a similar situation and say "well you did THIS for THEM...why can't you do THIS for US too"
It just reminds me of the whole outside photographer thing - i don't care the bride had an outside photographer - the images were beautiful - i DO have a problem with disney's pathetic excuse as to how it was allowed to happen. I see so many brides on these boards that have the most amazing patience and must have complete hearts of gold :worship: because I would NEVER put up with a company that cancels weddings weeks before - cancels and reschedules photo shoots -switches wedding planners - and everything else I've seen. I've defended wanting a disney wedding to my boyfriend, my family and his til i was blue in the face and now i feel like it was a waste of my breathe because i can't even defend what they do to myself anymore. It's heartbreaking after years of dreaming and saving for this that I don't even think I want it anymore, i'd get married at swan and dolphin before I had a disney fairytale wedding at this point.

WOPS Rant got away from me there - sorry i just get really, i guess we'll call it passionate when it comes to this stuff. It's odd because i spent all these years just viewing the fairy tale weddings from a far but once i dug into my own planning and see that it's not as magical as i had thought it would be it's heartbreaking - like the day that jerk in school tried to tell me santa wasn't real :lmao:

I'm sure this will come up with me and my hubby. I was so set on a DFTW now I'm not so keen on it. But that's okay all of that wedding plannin' stuff is very far away and things may change. I always have my honeymoon which is definitely Disney.

I hope your wedding planning goes well, and your wedding too!

It's one thing to keep a wedding private for the sack for keeping it an intimate affair between the couple and their family and friends but its another thing to have a nondisclosure agreement so they are not held liable when another bride and groom run into a similar situation and say "well you did THIS for THEM...why can't you do THIS for US too"
It just reminds me of the whole outside photographer thing - i don't care the bride had an outside photographer - the images were beautiful - i DO have a problem with disney's pathetic excuse as to how it was allowed to happen. I see so many brides on these boards that have the most amazing patience and must have complete hearts of gold :worship: because I would NEVER put up with a company that cancels weddings weeks before - cancels and reschedules photo shoots -switches wedding planners - and everything else I've seen. I've defended wanting a disney wedding to my boyfriend, my family and his til i was blue in the face and now i feel like it was a waste of my breathe because i can't even defend what they do to myself anymore. It's heartbreaking after years of dreaming and saving for this that I don't even think I want it anymore, i'd get married at swan and dolphin before I had a disney fairytale wedding at this point.

WOPS Rant got away from me there - sorry i just get really, i guess we'll call it passionate when it comes to this stuff. It's odd because i spent all these years just viewing the fairy tale weddings from a far but once i dug into my own planning and see that it's not as magical as i had thought it would be it's heartbreaking - like the day that jerk in school tried to tell me santa wasn't real :lmao:

Can anyone tell me what Disney said about this? I think I missed it and as ever I'm curious. :rotfl:

Can anyone tell me what Disney said about this? I think I missed it and as ever I'm curious. :rotfl:

:idea: Maybe Disney tried to move that wedding on short notice and since they were normally suppose to be outside a theme park, they had already scheduled an outside photographer. The only location they would settle for was in Epcot and they had to use their photographer. The reason they didn't want to talk about it was because Disney swore them to secrecy! :teacher:

I do think it is crap that Disney doesn't want anyone to disclose settlements, but it is normal in business. I wouldn't care, but I'm nosey and want to know details. :rolleyes1

I think Disney's response was that it had been grandfathered in.

Ah, I see. Thank you for replying, I was rather curious as to how this had been achieved.

:idea: Maybe Disney tried to move that wedding on short notice and since they were normally suppose to be outside a theme park, they had already scheduled an outside photographer. The only location they would settle for was in Epcot and they had to use their photographer. The reason they didn't want to talk about it was because Disney swore them to secrecy! :teacher:

I do think it is crap that Disney doesn't want anyone to disclose settlements, but it is normal in business. I wouldn't care, but I'm nosey and want to know details. :rolleyes1

I like your thinking - you just never know!

Also I'm a curious person too, I've never liked hearing the beginning of a tale and not the end. :rolleyes:

In an open thank you to Disney, I would like to just say that by doing right by Fashionista007 you truly demonstrated that magic for which I've come to love you. You've secured our future spendings and, more importantly, preserved our faith in you. Thank you, sincerely.

@leonix8238: You are very welcome. I was very intrigued by that story as well.

@LoveDisney!!!: I was sort of wondering the same thing myself when all this stuff happened. (I was wondering how DFTW would've handled a move to an in-park ceremony if the bride and groom had already contracted with on outside photographer.) One of the other plausible suggestions I've heard is that perhaps the photographer was only paid for the WP ceremony part and was asked to tag along as guests during the reception part. But obviously I have no idea if that is true or not.

I'm dying to know what happened too. Maybe we could write our own ending? Like one of those choose your own adventure books.

I think something everyone has to also remember construction never occurs on time. If Disney had shared this in advance, it was a no win situation for them.

Naturally brides and I don't blame them would have changed their venues, but if for some reason the project fell through which has happened before or, the time table for starting changed, then many would be upset with Disney for that also.

It is just a hard situation for everyone and Disney does have legal issues to deal with, that until this project is officially announced as DVC then other areas of Disney, such as Wedding division can not discuss it.

Also it is always a good idea to read contracts very carefully and no defense of Disney what so ever, know what you are buying. As others have said they do things their way and if that is not what you want or can accept, best look somewhere else.

Best wishes to the bride, based on posts on other forums, seems they came to an agreement and that is good for everyone.

I say have a S/D wedding - but then I guess everyone knew I would say that!!!:rolleyes::rotfl:

Thanks to everyone here for your support and pixie dust! We are still getting married at the Wedding Pavilion but I can't say when. Just know that it has always been my dream of getting married there and I'm SO happy it worked out. I will of course post a trip report afterwards. I'm so touched that so many people were emotionally invested in my story. :grouphug:

I hope that the one thing people learn from my story is that you do NOT have to be Bridezilla to get what you want. Our conference calls were always calm, never became heated and myself, Jason, and my father were never rude or out of line. If you handle the situation as a mature adult and just pursue the result that you want, you will be happy :woohoo:

So happy for you!! Glad it's worked out :) I truly hope you have the wedding of your dreams and can't wait to see your report! :)

So glad to read the bride is happy and satisfied, and I hope that's the case w/ all the brides that are affected by this construction.

I have to say though, I'm still very disturbed by 2 things...

1) Disney booking the pavilion in the first place, without at least a huge (NOT fine print) notice that there may be construction in the immediate area, and where the alternative location would be. If they had said all this up front, I'm sure even the wedding planner girl would be happier right now, instead of trying to piece together an upset bride's wedding. And make the alternative location somewhere 'magical' for goodness sakes. How hard is that to do at Disney? I even would have had the brides for this time frame sign an extra piece of paper stating they understand there's a good chance they won't get the pavilion. There would be no hard feelings if Disney were simply up front from the beginning. And yes, I get they couldn't say a year ago "we'll be building a DVC there". Just say the pavilion will be getting worked on if you must keep it a secret.

2) Disney's first offer of a 'downgrade'. I wonder how many other brides took the downgrade? I feel like it's when the supermarkets leave expired items on the shelf, hoping a semi-blind elderly person just takes it and doesn't notice it's not ok. Isn't Disney supposed to be better than a crappy supermarket?

What happened w/ the UK bride who had 8 days to straighten her wedding out?

You just don't mess w/ a person's wedding day - or if you have to, you make them happier than originally planned, knim? Disney really dropped the ball on this.

Over on a UK Disney-related forum, the bride you ask about reported that she has got it all sorted out too, but again, cannot reveal details.
I believe she leaves for Florida today, so hopefully we will know where she had her wedding when she gets back!!

Over on a UK Disney-related forum, the bride you ask about reported that she has got it all sorted out too, but again, cannot reveal details.
I believe she leaves for Florida today, so hopefully we will know where she had her wedding when she gets back!!

thanks for that info (like it's even any of my business)... :rotfl:

I just felt so bad for everyone.

Glad she got it all sorted out too. Those poor brides.

thanks for that info (like it's even any of my business)... :rotfl:

People make something private public when they post on the internet. Although it's not literally our business people like to hear "the rest of the story"

So glad to read the bride is happy and satisfied, and I hope that's the case w/ all the brides that are affected by this construction.

I have to say though, I'm still very disturbed by 2 things...

1) Disney booking the pavilion in the first place, without at least a huge (NOT fine print) notice that there may be construction in the immediate area, and where the alternative location would be. If they had said all this up front, I'm sure even the wedding planner girl would be happier right now, instead of trying to piece together an upset bride's wedding. And make the alternative location somewhere 'magical' for goodness sakes. How hard is that to do at Disney? I even would have had the brides for this time frame sign an extra piece of paper stating they understand there's a good chance they won't get the pavilion. There would be no hard feelings if Disney were simply up front from the beginning. And yes, I get they couldn't say a year ago "we'll be building a DVC there". Just say the pavilion will be getting worked on if you must keep it a secret.

We just signed our contract a week ago and in it, it says:
You acknowledge that Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is currently undergoing exterior and/or interior renovations and construction. You acknowledge that from time to time the hotels and theme parks at the Resort undergo exterior and interior renovation. Such renovation shall be at Disney's sole discretion.

This may not have been in older contracts, but they may not have even known about the construction at that time.

We just signed our contract a week ago and in it, it says:

This may not have been in older contracts, but they may not have even known about the construction at that time.

Our contract from last October does NOT include the phrase "and construction". Earlier contracts ONLY say renovations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter