What happened to the Bacon & Eggs dish at Steakhouse 71?!?!?!?!?!?

IAmDis

Mouseketeer
Went to Steakhouse 71 for the first time since the opening and was excited to once again order WDW's finest dish in all of property. Even the server assured everyone the Bacon & Eggs has not been touched and is being prepared by the same team from The Wave, albeit in a new presentation.

I understand a new presentation and all, new restaurant, new vibes, I get it! Buttttt, the dish, the sauce has changed!!!

Ahhhhhh, I explained to the server the differences when he asked how we liked it and IF it was just how we remembered it... I said nope! I also had people in the party who have had it before and they also said it was diff tasting. The server said the only real difference is the wait staff now pours it over your pork belly as an added perk. Definitely don't like the presentation + the new perk of having a staff member pour it over for you, if you want it.

You can see the maple lacquer is now thinner compared to the velvety, bbq-like sauce from before.

Overall, the dish sorta "kinda" the same, but it's definitely lost its luster and no longer has that nice finish to it. I liken it to a velvety, cinnamon-honey-maple sweetness that lingers. Haven't caught up yet on Pete's videos about Steakhouse 71, so curious to hear what another true Bacon & Eggs lover from here has to say. I'm only disappointed because this was my #1 app in all of WDW. Idk now, perhaps the Bread Service from Sanaa can now take the #1 rank.

Attachments

• IMG_20211026_193316.jpg
    IMG_20211026_193316.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20211026-203447.jpg
    Screenshot_20211026-203447.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 69
I booked there for our next trip because of all the people that rave about the bacon eggs. If it isn't as good as before, that is sad, but would a newbie realize there was an issue?

This is the most overrated food item at WDW.

There, I said it. I didn't find it to be anything special when it was at the wave. It was certainly neither the best pork belly nor the best grits I've ever had.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter