• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happened to Breakfast at Epcot?

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
Just back from a trip and loved it. However, one small complaint is the lack of breakfast options at the parks (mostly epcot).

We have always loved having breakfast at Sunshine Seasons, but the offerings there were absolutely terrible this time (if you can even call it breakfast). Basically a ham sandwich. So disappointing.

After seeing the offerings at sunshine seasons, we walked to garden grill hoping to get lucky with a cancellation, and they aren't even offering breakfast now!? Second best option (for us) gone.

Where is everyone eating breakfast at Epcot? DH is telling me I have to get over my disappointment with Sunshine Seasons, lol. It's hard.

COVID happened to breakfasts, unfortunately. One of the few things yet to return to normal. Not sure if it's a staffing issue or lack of caring, or what, but I know GG hasn't had breakfast since the shutdown.

That being said, France has a new restaurant that does serve breakfast, Le Creperie de Paris, that I've heard is pretty good, but haven't tried myself.

Last edited:
Les Halles is our go to for breakfast in EP. Everything we have tried there is delicious! My kids love the ham & cheese croissant.
I love Les Halles! Definitely should have went there.

I think I was just so disappointed because Sunshine Seasons and Garden Grill had the best breakfasts in the park IMO. I'd argue Sunshine Seasons was the best QS breakfast in WDW (maybe tied with Sanaa, but who knows if that exists now?). Always ate at one or the other. Epcot mornings are no more for me now.

I was wondering why Topolino's breakfast was so difficult to get; now I know.

COVID happened to breakfasts, unfortunately. One of the few things to return to normal. Not sure if it's a staffing issue or lack of caring, or what, but I know GG hasn't had breakfast since the shutdown.

That being said, France has a new restaurant that does serve breakfast, Le Creperie de Paris, that I've heard is pretty good, but haven't tried myself.
Agree with you that covid was involved.

The sunshine seasons breakfast has to be lack of caring though because there was sufficient staff. It felt like a really bad, expensive cafeteria to be honest. I think what really bugged me about it was I paid close to the same amount for all the garbage convenience food there as I did for amazing food at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Not to mention it use to be my favourite and now it's destroyed (yes it's that bad).

Le Creperie de Paris does look really good! I would have booked that if I'd known Sunshine Seasons wasn't the same. I often make crepes for breakfast at home so it didn't appeal to me as much at the time.

Last edited:
It was bad before Covid IMHO, unless you just want carbs for breakfast. I think the biggest reason is since Epcot opens late, but really most the parks don't do breakfast very good.

It was bad before Covid IMHO, unless you just want carbs for breakfast. I think the biggest reason is since Epcot opens late, but really most the parks don't do breakfast very good.
But Epcot doesn't open late anymore. They used to be the last park to open when they staggered the park opening times, but now official park opening is 830, so they're open by 8 for early entry.

But would agree that breakfast is a tossup in any park.

I've been noticing the lack of good QS breakfast options, too. There are already very few and if you want allergy friendly, there are even less. I think I found one QS location that could do a gluten free breakfast among all 4 parks. I guess we're just going to eat a snack in the morning and not do breakfast, sad because I love breakfast!

I think the hotels have good options, but I was hoping to go for early entry, do a couple rides, then get a nice QS breakfast. I wish there was a restaurant in each park that had more than just carbs for breakfast.

While not bfast, I was at Les Halles today around 3pm just to grab a quick beer. I noticed a majority of the staff had " earning my ears" tags and werrr all from France. That should be good for epcot and WDW in general if they can tap into this extra workforce.

We did early entry in MK last week, so we were in the park by 7:30. Most QSbreakfast options (and believe me, the offerings were few) were just sugar, carbs, and grease. We'd not had breakfast at the resort as we wanted to be on a bus by 6:30-ish, figuring we'd catch something at MK, but it was really, really dismal. Around 10am DD ended up with a mickey bar and I had a frozen banana. With all the offerings Disney has, how do they open parks early and not offer something wholesome and substantial for breakfast options?

Les Halles is our go to for breakfast in EP. Everything we have tried there is delicious! My kids love the ham & cheese croissant.

I love Les Halles. I can't understand why they don't open for Early Park Hours. When I was at BCV solo in January, I went over early and there were about 8-10 of us who stood outside Les Halles for about 10 minutes, hoping they'd open, which they didn't. So if anyone finds Les Halles open early, please let me know, so I don't stand out in the cold this year.

I love Les Halles. I can't understand why they don't open for Early Park Hours. When I was at BCV solo in January, I went over early and there were about 8-10 of us who stood outside Les Halles for about 10 minutes, hoping they'd open, which they didn't. So if anyone finds Les Halles open early, please let me know, so I don't stand out in the cold this year.
Given that the overseas CMs are just now starting to come back, and France is one of the countries they’re coming from, hopefully your wish will be granted soon!
While not bfast, I was at Les Halles today around 3pm just to grab a quick beer. I noticed a majority of the staff had " earning my ears" tags and werrr all from France. That should be good for epcot and WDW in general if they can tap into this extra workforce.

But would agree that breakfast is a tossup in any park.

We did early entry in MK last week, so we were in the park by 7:30. Most QSbreakfast options (and believe me, the offerings were few) were just sugar, carbs, and grease.
Yeah I agree it was bad before. I did find though that you could usually get fruit/bran muffin along with a breakfast plate (usually eggs) or something maybe 25% healthy. It's down to 0%.

I couldn't even get eggs this time (unless it was on a deli meat sandwich). There was only one type of muffin and it was basically dessert. It was just so bad.

I really don't even consider myself a healthy eater, just need something that isn't dessert for breakfast so I can make it through the 30,000 steps in a park day.

Also, for the record, the rest of our trip was amazing 🤣. I'm not all complaints. Just this one.

If you want a healthier breakfast, you can always brave the Starbucks line and get something from there. The spinach, feta and egg-white wrap is pretty good for a light breakfast.

I just want breakfast at Garden Grill to return. Is that too much to ask?!

Apparently....of the two trips we have done on site with park breakfasts, it remains my husbands favorite breakfast. He's basically told me if it comes back before our next trip, i need to plan our park reservations around it.

We did get lunch there this past trip, and while we'll go to there for lunch again, we'd much rather have breakfast. As a character meal, we found it to be fairly low key, which is nice.

Wouldn't it be amazing if La Cantina de San Angel was open for breakfast?

I would love some huevos rancheros, chorizo and eggs or menudo for breakfast!

Or, how about some congee, jianbing or dim sum at the lotus blossom cafe?

Or a full English breakfast at the Rose and Crown?

Pancake stacks, waffles, eggs and bacon, country ham with redeye gravy, biscuits and gravy, scrapple (yes please!) at the American pavilion.

I could go on. Epcot has such a wealth of possibilities to sample breakfast traditions around the world. In many places, it is sometimes one of the best meals of the day. Epcot could be the breakfast destination if Disney chose to try harder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter