What happened to Be Our Guest?

I would probably go back if we got the picture with the beast again like before Covid. But for the price and the quality of the food and no real character interaction. It’s a no for me

I also don't like the way the Beast just runs in and out now, there was something much more special about going to have your "audience" with him when you were done eating. It all feels very phoned in now.
That is one of the cheapest changes that irked me. Having the Beast do photos on the way out wasn’t exactly expensive for Disney.

It’s not the menu itself that killed it for me, ultimately it was the absolute crap quality of the food + very high price. I LOVE Beauty & the Beast, I adored sitting in the ballroom watching it snow on the screen. And when the Xmas tree was up? Wowza. But the food was so bad even this Beauty & the Beast diehard can’t stomach the thought of having to eat it and then sign that ridiculous check again.

Wow OP you weren’t kidding about availability. A fam of 4 can dine whatever day they want. What a change from years ago.

... I adored sitting in the ballroom watching it snow on the screen. And when the Xmas tree was up? Wowza.

These were simply magical for me when we were lucky enough to get a table next to the ballroom tree. Had fun trying to find the various character ornaments. Lots better than dinner was.

The famous grey stuff was disgusting, tasting of cheap whipped topping and slightly greasy. YUCK! Never again.
Wow OP you weren’t kidding about availability. A fam of 4 can dine whatever day they want. What a change from years ago.

Hmmmm. Maybe enough have had our experience and spread the word.

I am sooo glad that we went to BOG before the menu change! It was truly magical, and it was fun having the food trolley waitress bring your food to your table with the molded rose on it! The food was always good back then and the atmosphere was great. It just saddens me that disney has to cheapen and homogenize everything now.

That is one of the cheapest changes that irked me. Having the Beast do photos on the way out wasn’t exactly expensive for Disney.
It's really, really lame. Such a small thing but it made so much difference in the experience. BOG really feels like a chintzy assembly line now, from the food on down. It's all very "whatever, here you go". Which is really incongruent with the price point, so much that it's jarring.

I keep coming back to CRT for the comparison but there really isn't one now that the princesses are all back there. The entire package just feels way more special and I felt like altogether it was worth it. Granted, we had a family of 2 to pay for vs. a family of 4 or 5.

Be our guest post pre fixe menu was the worse dining experience we’ve had at Disney. We had 3 kids get the Mac and cheese entree and they forgot to put the cheese on it. With lighting it took while for us to figure out why the kids refused to eat and when we flagged down sever they took back to get remade. However by time it was remade our kids had picked off our plates/ate snacks from bag while waiting and refused to try the new prep. We basically paid 3 pre fixe kid menu prices for them not to eat and this place isn’t exactly cheap. I didn’t push the issue but was really dissapointed they didn’t offer to take the kids meals off the bill given the fact they essentially didn’t serve them food.

I ate at BOG once, for lunch, before the prix fixe era. The food was unbelievably salty, and that's saying a lot for WDW, where everything is super salty. That, plus the noise, and I never went back.

Oga's, though--that's a lot of fun. It's part of our must-dos at DHS. And it's enjoyable to me to chat with strangers who're enjoying the atmosphere and SWGE as much as I am.

We ate there 3 times. Dinner in 2015 and lunch and dinner in 2018. 2018 we still had the QS lunch but prix fixe dinner. We found the food to be good all 3 times. We also got to meet the beast. We felt it was worth it at the time. But the place is very loud.

Since they removed the beast we do not feel the need to go back especially at those prices. I’ve also heard about how bad the food is now.

We did SK71 on our MK day last trip and it was so good!! And much cheaper than BOG.

I think Disney is very happy with the prix fixe menu. People used to order the bare minimum just to get inside and sit in the restaurant for a while. It's less full, but every table is paying $60+ per adult. I had this menu in 2019 and thought it was very good, but I can't comment on the food since then.

We used to love lunch at BOG, and if we could get the ADRs we would eat there multiple times each trip. We really liked the food, and the ambiance can't be beat (we especially loved sitting in the West Wing). DD is a fairly picky eater so the dinner menu never appealed to us - either did the price. We also did breakfast once and that didn't impress us enough to do it again.
The current menu and crazy high price, we won't be eating there again unless they go back to the old lunch menu

We enjoyed our first dinner at BOG. The restaurant had opened a month or two beforehand and the food was decent and well prepared. The service was still attentive. We were seated in the Ballroom, and while it was a little on the noisy side, we enjoyed the atmosphere right from the check in to the bits of detail in the decor. It had been a very hot day and to have an establishment with a tasty dinner and good air conditioning was a thoroughly welcome spot in the MK. Our second visit was two years later and the standard had definitely declined and the menu was more limited. We were in the West Wing, which was a fun experience and I’m glad we did see that room. Now, the avalanche of bad reviews since the unfortunate changes will certainly keep us from choosing BOG in the future and that’s a little sad.

This makes me so sad, because I loved going here. But the last time we went, the meals were subpar (and I'm really, really easy to please - my standards are pitifully low), and we were seated next to the serving station in the Rose Room. Not exactly a deluxe atmosphere with clanging, setups happening, etc. I don't blame waitstaff - you gotta do what you gotta do. But us being shoved in there really hurt the experience. I wish it was different, but to points from PPs, if they're making money (even if it's from fewer guests), I guess there's no reason to change it.

We left. I didn't realize it was pre fixe until we sat down and looked at the menu. We weren't that hungry and had planned to get two meals and a dessert for the 3 of us to share. Under the old menu that would have run about $100 with tip. Instead, with pre fixe it would have been at least $250 with tip.

It wasn't worth it to us. We aren't big eaters and we never even do all you can eat buffets. We typically go out to eat and either split a meal and appetizer or we take enough home for a 2nd meal.

It's unfortunate because I really do like the place.

We went there 3 months ago, after probably 8 years apart, and didn't know it was prix fixe either. We were looking for a place to eat on the day of and it was available. I have to admit it was a much better experience this time. No crowds. Minimal noise. No running children. We'll continue to go there since the reservation is easy to get.

We have only been post COVID. I have no complaints. I love the experience & the food has been good for us the 3 times we went last year. It's not Jiko by any means but we left full & content. Another reason why I guess I have enjoyed it so is that the first visit was great because I had looked forward to it. The next 2 times we were with our adult children each time & neither of them had been & it made my day to see them light up.

Went once a year after they originally opened. Wasn't a bad dinner, I don't have high bar for WDW dining, but we were underwhelmed and never bothered to go back. We would never sit in the ballroom again, because I agree it's a loud, crowded cafeteria feel, no matter how nicely decorated. Would consider another room, but there hasn't been anything said or promoted that has enticed us to return. By comparison, we go to Jungle Skipper Canteen every trip.

Two other nitpicks, I hate how you walk right into the restaurant, destroying the outside illusion of the castle on the hill and ruining any "immersive" experience (well, as immersive as you can be crammed in a room with 500 other diners). And the photo with the Beast was lousy and ruined by a harsh '80s snapshot camera flash that washed away any skin tone and made hard shadows, they needed a dedicated spot with dedicated lighting.

Last edited:
Prix fixe is very frustrating when you're vegetarian. At least at the restaurants with family style dining like Sebastian's Bistro and Liberty Tree, you still get a hearty meal. But I am not paying $67 to eat a salad for the appetizer and essentially roasted zucchini for an entree. Ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter