What happened on Pirates tonight?

OctoberDisney

Mouseketeer
We were on Pirates around 11:00 pm. As we got to the end, all the boats were backed up and the app said the ride was temporarily closed. They finally let us off the boat and as we were walking out, we saw about 6 police officers walking in.

Anyone know ?

Had a similar situation in February, someone got out of their boat to take photos it looked like. But looked very dodgy as they also had a back pack sitting out ...we were stuck a few boats behind. Eventually after sitting there awhile with everyone shouting at the dude to get back in a boat and he ended up doing so. They shut the ride down for ages in a spot where he couldn't get out - I guess to give security a chance to get there, they were waiting and had security on both sides of the ride so there was no chance of him getting away.

Yikes. Entirely likely you’ll never know. If it happened on the ride and away from the line the only people who might have seen it would have been those in the boat and maybe a boat or two behind them depending on how close everything was running, small odds the story slips out if it wasn’t YouTube/Twitter hit of the day worthy.

What the heck? You saw someone get out of a boat ? Wow! Lol

Yup it was towards the end - the boats come very close to the edge as you go through a tunnel - just near the pirate hanging over the canon! There always seems to be a boat backlog here so he got out and fiddled with his back pack and then walked up and along and eventually got out his phone and started taking photos. It was so odd - there was a bit of anxiety from everyone because of the back pack! His original boat went off without him so he jumped in randomly to another boat whilst we were stuck waiting. I was surprised they didn't do a PA message he was out of the boat for a long time- maybe pirates in disneyland doesn't have this ability?

... I was surprised they didn't do a PA message he was out of the boat for a long time- maybe pirates in disneyland doesn't have this ability?

POTC at DL does have the ability to make announcements over the PA ("To the couple in row 5, we can see you!" -- so glad they said something because it was so embarrassing for everyone else in the boat!), so I'm surprised they didn't in this case. Maybe they didn't know what that guy was up to and they didn't want to set him off in any way? Glad they were able to apprehend him before he ran off to make more mischief elsewhere. Unbelievable!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter